Chapter 7- Confessions and Confrontations

I woke up to remember that it was Saturday and just laid in my nice warm bed. The weather had been getting colder and the leaves were changing colors. I sat for a few moments until I heard Hermione open the curtain to my bed and sat down.

"Hey, are you going to try out for the Quidditch team today?"

"What? That's today? Oh crap..."

"What's wrong?"

"I .... I can barely walk Hermione..."

"What are you talking about Morgan? Why didn't you say something?"

"I didn't want to scare anyone. I was just sore, but I think it's gotten worse."

"Should I take you to the Hospital Wing?"

"No. No. I've spent enough time in there for life. Today I said I would hang out with you all day, just like old times. Nothing will ruin this."

"Morgan, if you can't walk then, "she rolled me over and laid beside me, "We'll just relax for the day?"

"I mean, why not?"

"What should we do for breakfast then?"

"I forgot about that bit... oh well. I'll make myself get up."

I sat up and felt dizzy, but tried to not let it show. If I knew Hermione, which I did, she wouldn't let me do this if she knew how bad I really felt. I walked out of bed and got ready for the day. I came back out, and Hermione's face looked very concerned. She dragged me over to look in a mirror and I saw that my face was extremely pale, and my hair had turned white. My eyes were a pale grey. I looked a hot mess. I quickly shook my head and I turned back to normal.

"Sorry, must've did that with the cold water in the shower," I lied.

"Okay... well we should head down then right? And after we can finally catch up from the last few years... and days. Kay best friend forever?" She smiled.

"Of coarse best friend," I laughed.

 We walked down to the common room to see Harry in his Quidditch uniform already for today.

"Morgan? I thought you were trying out this year?"

"Nah, not this year. I just want to focus on my work I think."

"But you really should! It'd be fun to hang out with you on the team."

"Well maybe.." I smiled. He smiled back.

 We walked down to breakfast when Hermione said she'd be right back but to save her a seat. She's been acting weird lately.. I need to find out why.

I was walking to the Great Hall when I saw him. Draco. I grabbed him by the robe and pulled him into an empty classroom.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy."

"What?"

"Why have you been avoiding me? I thought.... sense I don't have to...."

"Morgan, spit it out."

"Don't talk to me like that Draco."

"You're the one that left! You're the one who didn't even say good-bye or write to me! What am I supposed to do Morgan? Come up to you, sweep you of your feet and pretend that nothing ever happened?! Is that what you want?" he blurted out.

"Draco! You know I had no choice! I was pulled away from you! All that stuff when we were little, it was real! Did you think I wanted to be taken away from you? Pretend it never happened? Pretend we weren't best friends?"