Chapter 7

"Sit." He ordered spreading the blanket over the grass. He had carried Janice and the picnic basket in one hand with Janice bag over his shoulder and he had my hand in his.

I smiled and took Janice as we sat but then I handed her back to him to put an extra blanket down to lay Janice on.

"She is beautiful just like her mom." He said to me with a big smile.

"In all honesty she looks more like her dad."

"Really..." he said looking at her and to me. "Can I ask what happened?"

"You just did." I laughed and shoved him playfully taking Janice and laying her down. "You really want to know?"

"If you don't mind of course." He said with a half smiled.

"Ok I guess I'll try to make it short. I met him the summer I turned fifteen my grandma had just died and my brother had moved to take care of my grandpa. We instantly became best friends and as time passed one way to another we fell in love. It was a love like no other. On my nineteenth birthday out of nowhere he tells me he is leaving back to California and I begged him to stay told him I loved him. He said he never cared for me and asked me to let him go and never speak to him again. Two days later I found out this little one was in me and my parents died and it felt like so much that I shut him out completely and decided I didn't need him."

"Where is he now?"

"I told him almost two months ago about her... before I left and came to school and from what my sister and brother say he doesn't care and to be honest to me that is fine by me... I did not want him in our lives anyway." I smiled at him.

"Good I don't want him in our lives either." He laughed.

"I would assume you didn't." I laughed and in that moment I realized. When I was with Henry all my worries vanished he was like a light in my darkness.

"I am now going to kiss you Janet."

"You ruined it by..."

He pulled my face to him and kissed me. A sweet lingering kiss our lips parted and then he went in for another. "Did I make up for ruining it?"

I smiled into his lips. "Yes"

6 months later

"Babe!"

"Yes!" Isabelle and Henry said at the same time laughing.

Henry was somewhere in our bedroom changing Janice. "I do not have time for your jokes we are late and Janey and Johnny will kill me if we are late to Janice birthday party."

Henry walked up with Janice and kissed me. "Come on love, calm down today is this precious baby girls first birthday and you will see your brother and sister after a long while. Enjoy it and plus we have a whole two weeks off school be excited." He kissed me and we laughed when Janice pushed our faces. He kissed her. "It is ok baby girl you get sweet kisses too." He kissed her all over her neck and Janice went crazy laughing.

As we got into Henry's car all four of us I really had time to panic. Henry and I were doing great we had been together for six months now and we were in love I did not think about Sebastian at all unless it was to wonder what he thought about Janice. I had not been home since I told him until right now and I was panicking. What if he was there from what I had been informed almost everyone from town was invited to my daughters first birthday and as we pulled up to the house and saw all the cars I knew in my heart he was here.

I walked out of the car and Henry took Janice out of her car seat.

Isabelle looked at me and smiled. "I will meet you guys inside."

"Henry..." I looked at him holding my daughter. He had been here for here in every moment. When she was sick, when I was sick and he had been patient with me about things that most men would expect I knew he truly loved me.

"Yes love." He moved some curls from my face.

"Henry I'm scared... he might be here and he might want to argue..."

"You and Janice are not alone... I am with you both... I love you both and I know in my heart that he is her dad and sweetheart if he wants to be a part of her life we must let him... but as for you..." he smiled and with his free hand pulled me in "you are all mine." He kissed me sweetly and as it became more intense he pulled away. "Control your hormones women our daughter is here." We both laughed looking at Janice.