Chapter 3

⌘JANET⌘

"I cannot believe how calm you were." Izzy screamed as we left the restaurant.

"Me neither but our plans for after this, are no longer on... I need to get back to the house. I am sorry I was excited."

"It is ok my bestie... at least I had you for..." she looked at her watch. "For two hours." she smiled.

"You sure?" I felt so bad.

"Hey!" she smiled at me. "You have been with me at my worst and so have I... you have your twin and brother but you also have me and we are in this life together for better or worse... I am the marriage you cannot get out of." She laughed as we pulled up to my house. Sebastian was nowhere in sight and I said goodbye and walked into the house to hear Janice crying.

"What is going on?" I walked up and took her from my sister. Janice felt hot to the touch my poor baby girl was running a fever and she looked like she was in pain.

"I am not sure she has been like this since you left."

"But I have been gone for like two hours... you should have called."

"Janet like you said it has only been two hours."

"Your right... how bad is her fever?"

"Last I checked which was about twenty minutes ago... 101. Maybe we should..."

"Can you get her bag? I will get her car seat and I will meet you in the car her fever is to high... I just hope that Sebastian has not started working at the hospital yet."

"I am sure he has but we can hope that at the very least he is not working today." My sister took my shoulders in her hands and looked me in the eyes. "You can do this... He is dead remember?"

"Yeah I remember..." I said quietly walking out of the house.

⌘Sebastian⌘

I was sitting with a patient behind a curtain when I heard her panicked voice. Even panicked it sounded like angels speaking to me. As she spoke I felt my world crash around me.

"Please can you help my daughter? She is running a high fever." She sounded panicked and for a second I hoped beyond hope that maybe I had confused them and that was not my sweet Janet speaking but her sister Janey talking. I had always taken pride and hoped that I had been her first and only lover but I guess I was wrong.

I felt my blood boil. She was so heartbroken that she jumped into bed with a man as soon as I left. Oh what love she had for me. Well time to make sure she knew she was caught.

"I am free I can help." I walked up to the desk and she turned and my heart stopped for a second I imagined she was holding our child in her arms. Then I looked at her face frozen with fear.

"No it is ok... they have called for the pediatrician on call. We can wait." She did her best to cover her child. She must be what four or five months so small and big for her age and she had a lot of hair for her age.

"I can get the test started..."

"She said no, but thank you Doctor Blake." Her sister stirred her towards some chairs and they sat.

She rocked her daughter back and forth and cried silent tears.

She betrayed me but all I could think was 'God I want to hold her and make her tears go away. As I was standing there looking at her I saw a man run up and crouch in front of her kissing her cheek and I felt myself go tense. 'That must be her new lover... her baby's father.'