Letters (xMedic) (xEngineer)

+Author's note

Request and idea by Snoink!

Anyone aquainted with the German doctor could tell you with confidence that the man was filled with affection.

Whether it was towards his pets, his patients or strangers down the street; you'd be able to see a cheerful smile with a tip of his hat.

And it was no suprise to the neighbors and the people around town to find the doctor so sweetly in love with his wife. The two lovebirds were hardly ever apart. And with their laughter contagious to all who were near, and many would consider them as a pretty picture.

But loving as they might be, life was just and fair, shedding it's share of dissapointment over all. It was needless to say the loving couple were no exception.

Jospeh Ludwig had been summoned to a military base just out of town, and it was concluded in his contract that he was forbidden from leaving.

But the couple knew that this would be a mere april shower. Their seperation would be brief, for this too would be a sorrow to pass.

(Y/n) waved away tearfully when it was time to leave. In the mirror of his car, Jospeh gave a reassuring smile as he waved back, heading out in the early hours of day.

+++

The doctor quickly formed a bond with an Engineer he had met there. Sharing their academic studies, a bond quickly formed between the two scholars, and they were soon known to be good friends.

Many nights they would share stories with a bottle of beer, or a small game of chess to kill the time. And on one of their usual nights together, the German brought up a question over a bottle of ale.

"Engineer, I sometimes see zhat jou leave for town, aren't jou bound by zhe contract?"

A soft chuckle escaped the Texan.

"Nope, I only get to leave to get equipment or the such. You can guess why the guys pile me with lists for stuff everytime I go out"

Medic gave a hesitant stare.

"Zhen.. Vould it be okay if I asked jou a favor mein freund?"

"Sure doc, what is it?"

Fiddling with his fingers, Medic looked down at his hands as he continued.

"Jou know we are verborten to leave zhe base, not even to leave for zhe post office! I vant to send some letters for mein wife, but I haff no means to reach her, even when she lives downtown!"

Engineer gave a reassuring smile as he clapped a hand onto the German's back.

"Shucks, is that all? I could just drive out anytime partner! Just give me your letters and I'll head right out!"

+++

Pulling up at a small driveway, a woman with (h/c) hair looked out curiously as the Engineer got off his truck. The woman walked out, greeting the cheerful Texan.

And when Dell saw her, he was certain who she was. She was exactly as Medic described her.

She had beautiful (E/c) eyes, soft (H/c) hair with beautifully carved lips. With a tip of his helmet, he handed over a envelope with her name on it.

"Hello ma'm, you're Ms. Ludwig, right?"

The woman stuttered nervously at the stranger. "Y-yes..? Is there anything I can help you with?"