1.6

| unedited |

Troye couldn't take it anymore, the dreams that were so vivid of that horrid day floods his sleep, bringing back so many memories he shoved away into a little case marked troye's past, of course it stayed locked till he laid down in bed. Each night he's filled with a surge of panic, the dreams feeling so real he wakes up screaming each night and sobbing his eyes out till he can't produce anymore tears.

Tyde would console his brother till he was calm again, he would do this by lying to him and tell him the older boy everything was okay, when in reality nothing about this was okay. This happened every night as it neared the anniversary of the terrible day he never wanted to think about.

The only thing that seemed to take away him from the thoughts and the worry seeping inside of him was a certain boy who was concerned about him, just like everyone was else was.

But not even Jacob could tear his mind from his thoughts today. It was two days before the anniversary and he couldn't quite grasp the idea around his brain. It had been a year since the accident and he's still struggling to get past it.

Troye felt his waterline brim with tears, pushing Jacob off of him, he lets out a shaky breath feeling the need to cry get stronger.

"I-I um, sorry," Troye stutters out pushing his feelings back in the bottle that was nearly spilling over. He knew this wasn't a good tactic, but he couldn't open up, he couldn't let Jacob inside his messed up life.

I'm not going to do that to him. Troye tells himself.

"Don't be sorry. What's wrong? Did I do something? Please tell me I didn't crush your lungs. Because if I did how-,"

A hand was placed over his rambling mouth, shutting his words off. Troye looks at him with a small grin. "You take my breath away but not enough to knock it out of my lungs," he teasingly says, a wide grin now spreading on his face.

Jacob feigns a mock hurt expression, his hand falling over his chest, "I'm offended, Mellet." He jokes.

"No but seriously what's wrong? You've been off all week," Jacob questions his hands playing with Troye's fingers.

Don't drag him into your life, he doesn't deserve that. Troye sighs to himself, not knowing rather his next words were a good idea or not.

"I'm fine," he says, though the quiver of his voice and the glint of something in his ocean orbs couldn't quite make out told him otherwise.

Jacob pried on, "Are you sure? Because if not I'm here to talk." Jacob says softly a hand resting in Troye's palm.

Troye yanked his hand away, glaring at Jacob. "I don't want sympathy. I'm tired of that bullshit, stop pretending to care."

Jacob shrinks down, feeling upset for making Troye mad. Troye in the state his mind was in didn't care Jacob was hurt. He was too busy fuming about how stupid he was.

Troye abruptly stands, not wanting the company of Jacob. He needed to get away. And he did the only thing his mind knew how to do. He ran, ignoring Jacob's pleas for him to come back.

His lungs burned from the rush of air coming through his lungs. Panting he begins to slow his pace once he realizes he is out of sight from Jacob.

Troye left his mind wonder to that night, he couldn't stop the vivid flow of images that rushed to his thoughts. He couldn't get the bloodcurdling screams out of ears or the sight of his sister's dead body to leave his mind.

__

Troye and his older sister Sage were inseparable, glued to the hip since birth they did everything together. Went to parties together, went of double dates (with girls that clearly weren't interested in him). Sage and Troye shared everything, never keeping anything from the other.