0.4

| unedited |

Jacob hasn't even been at his new school for a week, nor a month and he already had compiled a list of people who were his enemies, Troye topped the list. Ever since the first day of school they've never been able to talk without one of the latter getting angry over something as petty as who got the chair beside Tyler in the period they shared together with him, of course Jacob won making Troye burst at the seams with anger. Jacob was frustrated with Troye, who refused to apologize in the right way. He was growing frustrated with every small thing about him that he seemed to catch notice to.

Tyler had taken a liking to Jacob's bad boy vibes as he would call it, he'd also taken a liking to try and get him and Troye to be civil with one another. Of course his plans always end with one of the two storming off angrily.

Jacob laid in bed, staring at his ceiling. He made out the shapes of the shadows, trying his hardest to avoid his current thoughts.

Jacob was starting to think he hated Troye for a different reason. He didn't hate him because he was annoying as hell. He just hated certain things about him. He hated the way he grinned so perfectly his teeth showing off when he smiled, he hated the way his voice sounded when he was anger, he hated the way he would catch him staring at him, he hated them goddamn headphones he always wore around his neck. He hated the small things, he didn't have one ounce of hatred for the Australian boy.

Tuesday came with a blur, Jacob for some unknown reason was actually looking forward to today. He never usually was like this but something in him changed.

__

The drive to school was the most dreadful part of the day. Teenagers drove down the streets, going in every direction possible. It didn't help that it was raining today too.

Jacob saw Troye walking in the rain, his hair soaked from the pouring rain. Jacob sighed debating rather he should give him a ride or not. Jacob wasn't that much of an asshole as Troye made him out to be.

Slowly, Jacob pulls up to the sidewalk driving along it till he got close enough to Troye. Troye looked a little frightened by this and started to speed walk, that was until Jacob called out his name catching his attention. He quickly turns around, a blank look on his face.

"Need a ride?" Jacob questions rolling his window down farther. Troye bitterly laughed, continuing walking. "Dude it's pouring. I promise I'll be nice." Jacob pouts. Troye was aggravated by him, he knew if he didn't agree Jacob would bother him all day.

Troye walked over to the passenger side, hoping into the car. He ran a hand through his curls trying to move them away from his eyes. Jacob was lost in his actions for a split second. Gulping down the saliva that formed in his mouth from staring at Troye, he concentrated on driving rather than Troye.

The tension between the two was thick. No one dared to speak nor say a word. The quite was making the tension much thicker.

"So um... where'd you go before coming here?" Troye questions, trying his best to make conversation. Jacob didn't answer his question. It wasn't that he didn't want to answer him, because he did. It was more of the fact he didn't want to replay the memories back again that have been haunting him since. "Did you go anywhere? Or were you homeschooled?" Jacob decided to lie, because that was the only way he knew how to get people off his case.

"Y–yeah I was." He lies, squeezing the steering wheel tightly. Troye didn't seem to notice this topic made him uncomfortable, he kept talking. And Jacob was starting to regret picking up. He was about to make his ass walk the rest of the way, but Jacob wasn't that shallow, he could handle this for a few minutes.