Chapter 10 || Love Is More

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Will you please, stop!" Damien calls to Luke, who has dominated yet another game of charades. 

"No can do bro," Luke announces doing his own victory dance. Mom laughs loudly at her adult children who haven't changed. 

"Mom, your up," Easton says, and Frankie quickly stands up and begins acting out a movie to Zack, who is trying really hard, but is not understanding. 

I lean over and whispers, "Peter pan," into his little ear. And he quickly screams, "Peter Pan!"

"Hey! That's not fair," Luke shouts, but Candice, smacks him in the stomach shutting him right up, and I roll my eyes at him. 

"Keith, your up," I say, and Easton's Dad takes his place in the center of our living room, and begins acting out The Little Mermaid the best he can. "Ariel," Thea calls. Keith nods, asking her to keep going with his fingers, and she tries. Then right as the bell is about to ring she cries, "Little Mermaid!" And the whole family claps and whoops! 

Keith runs over to her and picks her up to spin her around. "That's my girl!"

After another few rounds, family night is over, and we agree to meet at Damien's house next month. We all exchange hugs and kisses before everyone is gone. I sigh, content. I head upstairs to put Zack and Thea to sleep. I begin singing our own rendition of Beautiful Boy to Zack when Easton enters and joins me. We tuck in Zack and head over to Thea's room, who asks to finish her book The Hobit, so I take the book, and begin reading, while Easton tries to bring the book alive with sound effects. When I finish we tuck in Thea, leaving her room we head downstairs to clean up the mess. I let out a yawn, and rub my eyes when I turn I see Easton right in front of me. "Mrs. Conner's, you look incredibly sexy," he winks, and I laugh at him. Looking down at my Mom jeans, and a stained t-shirt. 

"Oh, is that so," I smile, but it doesn't phase him. He takes the bowl of leftover chips and glasses out of my hand, setting them back down on the table.

"Yes, it is," he whispers, pulling me closer to him. "You are still as beautiful, as the day I laid eyes on you." He says caressing my neck. 

"Hmm, as I recall I was rocking pigtail and overalls," I reminded him, but he just smiled.

"And no girl ever looked so perfect with the purple floral shirt," he lifts his brows, and I'm shocked.

"I can't believe you remembered that," I told him, holding onto his back, and looking up at him. "How do you do that?" I ask.

"What?" he asks, forming a little crinkle in between his brows. 

"Continue to surprise me. You did it in middle school, in high school, in college and after almost twenty years you still find a way to do it. Did I ever tell you how much I love you?"

"Not today," he sighs. 

"Well, I love you, Easton James Conner. I'm in love with you still, and every day I see or find something new that makes me love you more," he takes me face into his hand as he as time and time again, and places the sweetest pressure to my lips. Pulling away just enough to whisper, "I'm in love with you too."

I smiled, and he leaned down again to kiss the smile plastered across my lips, I couldn't help the giggle that came out of me, as he began chanting, "I love love love you." I thought back at my life and realized I'm only thirty-three and I have the most amazing life. I'm so happy because even the stuff that gets hard, I know I will always have this man and my family. Love is more than all the bad, and I know I never have to wander too far to find it. 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *