Chapter 13 - Home Alone

Dressed in my improvised nightwear, with my hair wrapped in a towel, i walked down the stairs. That moment in the shower wasn't something i was going to forget any time soon, not a single moment of it.

I guess that Regina will be in the kitchen, and when i turn the corner, there she is. She is standing at the island in the centre of the room, sipping coffee and looking at her laptop. Her hair is still slightly wet, and she's wearing a grey dress.  The same mug she gave me yesterday was sitting on the counter, steaming. 'Cocoa' she said.

I took it without hesitation and drank in silence, watching her. She must be wearing her heels, because she seems taller now. Is she going somewhere? I shoot a glance at the clock, its only 10am.

'You have a lot of books.'

'I do, did you go into my room without permission?'

Oops. Why did i even mention it? I literally could have said 'good morning' or something else! I shift from one foot to the other and place my mug on the counter. 'No, I... The door was open.'

'It wasn't.' She stared at me, waiting for a response. She doesn't look angry though, she looks amused, probably because i'd completely dug myself a hole, that was gonna be fun to get out of. Her stare beats me though, and I can't help but give up. 'No, it wasn't'.

'If you wanted to see the house, you could have just asked.' She looked back at her laptop and clicked a few buttons. 'I have to go.... out. Do you want to stay here, or go home?'

Wait... what? Did she just say i could stay? At her house? Like... alone? 'I... um, i can stay?'

'I just said that, Miss Swan.' She closes her laptop and puts her mug in the dishwasher. 'Don't get used to it, but i'm in a hurry and you're not dressed. If you want to go home, you need to change fast, if not, stay. I'll be back at 2, i'll take you home then.'

'I'll stay.'

'Fine, its a nice day, the pool is heated so feel free to use it, don't poke around my house, you don't know what you might find.' Then she smirked, and left.

So thats it. I'm alone. At Regina's house.

**********************************************************

Regina must be loaded. My family is rich but even we don't have a heated pool in our garden. The garden was big, i could see a massive apple tree, and a small terrace, with some chairs and a table. Over near the pool, there were some black deck chairs and a table, and the whole garden was surrounded by tall bushes, so no one could see in.

I stopped myself from jumping into the pool straight away, it's still 10am, i have time to sleep more.

2 hours later, my alarm rang, so i turned it off and checked my phone. I answer some worried messages from Graham, and a few from Ruby, and i start to head downstairs, but curiosity gets the better of me, and i go into the library.

The high shelves decorated the walls, and there were even ladders to reach the higher shelves. In the middle of the room was a sofa and a little coffee table, it was so cute. I ran my fingers along the spines of some of the books, they seem to be fairly old. I read some of the titles, and smiled at her taste. I picked up the one i had seen her reading in the cafe, and headed to the garden.

After insuring that the bushes were definitely tall enough to stop people from seeing me, i stripped all of my clothes off. Entirely naked, i jump into the pool and met the warmth of the water. I swam a few lengths of the pool to relax myself and free my mind. I focused on my breathing and eventually forgot about everything else.

That was, until in the corner of my eye, I noticed someone approach the pool and sit in one of the deck chairs. I stopped. And looked at her, catching my breath.

'I see you borrowed one of my books' Regina said, picking it up from the table. She was sitting up in the chair, but leaning back on one hand, her legs crossed. I moved closer and attempted to cover myself up, which made her chuckle. 'Ive already seen you with no clothes on Miss Swan.'

She closed her eyes and tilted her head up, soaking in the sunlight. 'Besides,' she smiled, still with her eyes closed, 'I intend to see if often.'

Thank god she had her eyes closed, and couldn't see the blush that covered my face. i hesitated but realised I couldn't stay in the water all day, so i quickly got out of the pool and grabbed a towel, all while being under Reginas hungry gaze. Once i had covered myself up, she stood.

'I took your phone by the way, now you have my number and i have yours.' She said while walking back towards the house. 'Uh... okay.' I mumbled, following after her and checking my contacts list. I searched for the letter 'R' but her name wasn't there.

'There's no Regina here' I said once we were in the kitchen.

'There wouldn't be. I called myself 'My Majesty', i can't very well put my name, and i love the evil queen, she's my favourite character.' I searched the new name, and sure enough, her number showed up. I started to walk upstairs but i stopped, and frowned. 'What's my name in your phone?'

She smirked. 'Pet's phone.'

'Ugh, i hate that name.' Her smile grew wider.

'I know, all the more reason, don't you think? Now, go and get dressed, i'm taking you home.'

*************************************

She parked her car outside my house. There were a few kids playing in the street, but they don't care. On the way over, i tried asking why she had gotten weird in the shower, but she kept just cutting me off. I had given up, and taken to staring out of the window.

I feel like, Regina is the kind of person that had built walls up to protect herself, but sometimes she lets it slip. The shower moment was a slip-up, she had just let herself be lost in the moment, but she had realised and just shut me out again. I wonder why she needs protection.

I look over at her, the stunning brunette in the drivers seat, currently fighting with the car radio. Its funny to watch her like that, Regina Mills, the woman who knows everything, struggling to turn a simple radio on. As much as it amuses me, i interrupt her,, using the voice she uses when she thinks she's a smart ass.

'You need help there?' She narrowed her eyes at me, then faked a smile.

'No thanks, i didn't really feel like listening to music anyway.'

'Okay then, bye Principal Mills.'

'Goodbye, Miss Swan'

Time to face reality..