Chapter 5 - The game

A/N - sorry this chapter is quite short, i wrote it as i was about to go out, sorry if it's not great.

Regina sits at the counter, but at the other end, so Ruby goes over to her. I try to listen to them but i assume Regina just asked for coffee because that's what Ruby does next.

Tearing my gaze away from her, i open my folder and look through it, trying to think of something to do. A bear claw is placed next to me. 'There, that one is on me, it's so obvious you're staying because of her,' Ruby walks back towards her and gives her the coffee. Regina smiles, gives Ruby the money and opens a small notebook.

Ruby walks back to me and leans over the counter to whisper 'She never stays, she always leaves straight away.' i look over at her and i see her concentrating on her notebook. She takes a sip of her coffee and then her tongue darts out to lick her lips. Damn i want to taste that tongue in my mouth again, i wonder what else it can do.

Ruby snaps her fingers in front of my face to get my attention. She shakes her head at me and laughs before disappearing to the kitchen.

I look at Regina again, i can't help it. her lips slowly twitch into a smile and i narrow my eyes before looking at my folder again. For some reason that makes me mad. She knows i'm looking at her. How does she always know?

She wants to play? Let's play.

The last time i did anything unexpected was the note. She wasn't expecting that at all, but i could tell she had liked it. She likes to be surprised, huh? Let's see how she likes this.

'Ruby?' i call and instantly she appears at the door. 'You called?'

i nod and she walks towards me, 'Can you do me a favour?'

'Name it.' i pull a piece of paper out of my folder and write on it in my neatest handwriting, as i tell Ruby 'Give this to Regina, but only when i've left, okay?'

i hand it to her and she nods, 'Can i read it?'

hesitating, i look at her and finally shrug, 'If you want to, but don't tell anyone.' i gather my things and walk out without looking back. Only when i'm out the door i turn just in time to see Ruby giver Regina my note.

My heart beats really fast as i smile at the expression on her face, and then she turns to look at me. our gazes lock through the glass. Raising an eyebrow, i smile at her, turn round and walk back to school. She's not the only one that knows how to play games. Such a simple sentence but such a big effect. Easy and straight to the point: i miss your lips, Principal Mills.

**********************************************************************************

'Emma Kitsis?' i hear, but i keep focused on my notebook. The girl sitting next to me pokes me in the arm and says 'Emma, she's asking for you'. I raise my head and look at the teacher in the doorway staring at me. I'm so used to writing Swan in my books and hearing my friends say it that when she calls me by my adopted name i don't realise it's me. The lady in the doorway looks at my spanish teacher and says 'Can she come with me for a moment?'

'Sure,' she nods, so i stand and follow the woman out of the classroom. Once we are in the hallway, i ask her 'What's wrong?'.

She walks off down the corridor so i follow her. 'Principal Mills would like to see you in her office.' Oh. That. She heads to the elevator and i follow her, but as soon as she notices me, she stops me.

'Where are you going?'

'To... the elevator?'

'You can't use it'

'But i can if i'm with you?'. She shakes her head. 'No, students aren't allowed to use it at all.' Turning on her heels, she walks to the elevator and the doors close in front of me. So. Students can't use it, huh?

After walking up 3 flights of stairs, i reach the teacher's floor. Nerves take over my body once more this week. I turn the door handle and walk in, holding my breath.

Regina is sat at her desk, working on some paperwork, but she looks up when i walk in. 'Miss Swan,' she says as she nods towards a chair.

I take a seat in the chair, and look at her. She is staring at me as i move, and gives me a once over. Then, she looks back down at her file. All the bravery i had this morning when i sent the note has evaporated, leaving me with nerves. We sit in silence for what seems like hours. I watch her writing notes on the file and reading them calmly. She's enjoying this.

Finally, she puts the pen down and looks at me. Leaning back on her chair, she just watches me. i see the ghost of a smile in the corners of her mouth. 'You think you're funny, don't you?' she stands with an elegance i had never seen before, and she walks around her desk. She turns my chair to face her and puts her hands on the arm rests.

'You're playing with fire, Miss Swan,' she exhales into my face, staring right into me eyes. Fuck. I swallow hard and stare back at her, hypnotised once again by those eyes. i take a breath, look down at her lips, which are slightly parted. 'Luckily, i'm not afraid of getting burned.' i don't know where that came from but the look on her face is priceless.

Her breath is heavy and she seems to be fighting inside her head. Finally, she leans forward until her lips are almost touching mine. I feel her smirk slowly falling back into place as she stares into my eyes. Her eyes are dark with lust. She likes what she's seeing? Am i dreaming? I feel the urge to pinch myself but i can't move. I'm afraid that if i move, she will too and the moment will be over.

Regina tilts her head and when it seems like she's about to kiss me, i lean forward, hoping to feel her lips against mine again. But she stops, leaving me without getting what i want. She chuckles deeply as she moves towards me again.

Suddenly, i feel her warm breath on the skin below my ear. I grit my teeth to stop the moan that had formed in my throat. She takes a deep breath and says in a low, sultry voice, 'Someone is eager.'

Oh god, she doesn't know just how much. The smell of her perfume surrounds me, is that..... Apples? i close my eyes, giving in to the aroma. Regina's aroma. She opens her mouth and i feel her teeth on my earlobe, and then.... her phone starts to ring in her back pocket.

Regina throatily growls in my ear. How is that such a turn-on? Visibly annoyed, she stands and picks the phone up. 'What?' she snaps, her eyes never leaving mine. 'Yes i know. It's tomorrow.' I have no idea who is on the other end of the phone or what it is about but something tells me it's the same person she was talking to outside the cafe before.

'What do you mean, cancelled?' she turns and walks to the window, running her hand through her dark hair. 'When is it then?' She sat back at her desk and looks at her calendar. I shift in the chair awkwardly, which catches her attention. She glares at me fiercely for a moment.

'Yes, i'm here,' she says, looking back at the calendar. 'Sunday it is then.' She nods a couple of times, then hangs up the phone without saying goodbye. 'I guess you have to go back to your lesson.'

What?! No! She can't. She can't leave me like this. No. She picks up a paper from her desk. As i don't move, she looks at me over the sheet and raises an eyebrow. 'Miss Swan?'

I force my legs to move and i stand up, turning towards the door. Maybe if i had turned i would have seen the smirk on her face, or the way she devoured my body with her eyes as i walked out.