A Portrait And A Big Question

Start from the beginning

''I should have known!'' She says, getting up from my lap.

''Let's just lie in bed, and watch American Horror Story?'' She asks, walking to her room to get her laptop. As she leaves the room, I pick up the sketchbook, and look at the sketch. I'm literally blown away. I knew she was good, but damn. She is freaking talented!

''Stop gawking at the sketch

''Stop gawking at the sketch.'' Ally yells from her room, and I blush, putting the book down.

When I walk back into Ally's room, only to find her already snuggled up in bed, with the laptop open on Netflix. I kick off my shoes, climbing in under the duvet, taking Ally in my arms.

''If you scream during one of the jumpscares, I will murder you.'' Ally says nonchalantly, pressing play on the laptop.

''I'll try my best, babe...'' I whisper, kissing her forehead.

We both focus on the TV show which I have never seen before. On screen, it looks like a cult gathering, with an old woman and a pig-like monster calling himself 'The Butcher'. There's a house, with what looks like gameshow contestants, and The Butcher kills them off one by one. The show is quite good, and when it ended I made a mental note to watch it at home.

''That was like the best episode by far.'' Ally said, closing the laptop, turning toward me. She lies on top of my chest, and I put my arms around her. She looks up at me with those vast, gray eyes and my heart skipped a beat.

My index finger trails her jawline, cupping the side of her face, pulling her closer for a kiss. Her lips meet mine, and I taste the sweetness of her love. Her kiss is like fire, and it soon becomes a war fighting for dominance.

''I... missed... this...'' Ally mumbles between kisses, biting my lip ever so softly. My hands rests on her hips, feeling her body mould to mine.

We both pull away, catching our breath for a few seconds. Right at that moment, Senna decides to interrupt us by jumping on the bed, laying his paws over Ally's legs. We both chuckle, and Ally gets up.

''The old boy is hungry, I should go feed him.'' She says, pulling me up with her.

We walk to the kitchen, and Ally starts to slice some ham to throw in with Senna's dog food. Senna is at her feet, staring intently, waiting for his food. All of a sudden, we hear a knock at the door.

''Could you get that, love?'' Ally pleads, and I happily comply.

I open the door, but my mood just gets spoiled.

''Ally, Ben is here.'' I say, walking away to sit in the lounge. I hear Ally hastily put down Senna's food, rushing to the door.

''Ben, what are you doing here?''

''I'm sorry Ally, I don't mean to intrude. I just really wanted to say I'm sorry about the park. I didn't know about Max, and you're like my best friend. So if he makes you happy, I'm happy.'' Ben says with a small smile. I see Ben walking past Ally, and he comes standing right in front of me.

''We haven't been formally introduced. I'm Ben Grey.'' He says, sticking his hand out to me. I get up, and shake his hand.

''Max Verstappen, nice to meet you.'' I say, and I smile at him.

''I'm sorry about the misunderstanding, but if you'd let me, I still want to be a part of Ally's life.'' He asks sincerely, and I look over at Ally. She nods her head, looking really relieved.

''Of course, I'm not like that. Any friend of Ally is a friend of mine.'' I say to Ben, and he lets out a huge sigh of relief.

He walks to Ally, and gives her a hug.

''I'm sorry Ally, but I see now. He really is quite the man.'' He winks at Ally and she laughs.

''Any way, I have to go, but I hope to see you guys around? Cheers!'' And with a wave, Ben is out the door again.

''Well that was a complete whirlwind.'' Ally comments, closing the door. Just as it's almost closed, Ally's mum bursts through the door. The door pushes Ally against the wall, and I laugh at the sight of her. Ally's mom spots me, and rushes over to give me a hug.

''Ooh Maxie, you made it! Welcome to the Carling-house, sorry but we are a bit weird.'' She laughs, giving me a tight hug.

''Thank you Mrs Carling, Ally has tried her best of not be weird, though.'' I comment, and I hear Ally scoff.

''Stop lying, Dutchman!'' She yells from behind the door.

Mrs Carling walks over to the kitchen island, pouring herself some of the coffee from the coffee machine.

''Has she given you an answer yet, Maxie?'' Her mum asks, eyes on both of us.

Damnit.

''Uhh, I actually haven't asked her yet...'' I trail off, and Mrs Carling widens her eyes. I an feel Ally looking at me in confusion.

''In that case, I'll be up in my study.'' She says, literally disappearing into thin air. Now I'm left with a confused Ally, and an inevitable question.

''Well, spit it out Max.'' She says, sitting down on the leather couch.

''Promise me you won't freak out, and that you'll think about it.'' I say, carefully sitting down next to her, taking her hand in mine.

''Okay, I promise.'' She says, her eyes searching mine.

I stay silent, looking for the right words to use.

''Ally, will you move in with me?'' I ask, holding my breath for the answer.

Ally's mouth is hanging wide open, and I can feel her pulse quickening.

'Please say yes...' I hope, desperately.