Chapter One

Just when Lily Potter thought her day could not get any worse, it did.

 She was running very late to her last class of the day! Luckily it was Defence Against the Dark Arts and it just so happened that the teacher was Teddy Lupin. It was still strange to have Teddy be her teacher, but throughout his first year Lily, and the other potter/Weasley crew got used to the idea.

 Although Lily didn't think she was very good at it but she found it fun and one of her best friends Charlie Longbottom was in the same class. Lily finally arrived to the class and pushed open the large wooden double doors to reveal the class sitting there. Every single head turned around  in their seat to stare at her. Her face turned a light cherry colour, clashing with her hair. She looked at the ground, not wanting to make eye contact with any of her peers.

"Ah Lily nice of you to join us" said Teddy. 

"Sorry, I had a meeting with McGonagall", which wasn't a lie. "That's all right, just take a seat we are just about to start."

She sat down next to her best friend Charlie Longbottom. Halfway through the lesson he leans over and smirks at her with his handsome face. "Psss, Lily why were you with the headmistress?" He asked as he ran his hand through his light brown hair. Charlie Longbottom was the kind of guy that knew he was good looking. And this really bugged Lily for some reason, mainly because she had so many self-image issues herself and really just couldn't understand how someone could think that looked so good ALL OF THE TIME.

"Don't worry , I will tell you later, okay?" Lily whispered back to the boy who was now sporting a look of concern. The two didn't talk until class was over. Or more, Teddy wouldn't stop talking until the bell rang. 

"So if you ever find yourself in the situation where theres a dementor you can use the Patronas charm.... The incantation is ...expecto patronum... Say it with my class. "Expecto Patronum" the class muttered really unenthusiastically as the bell rang.

"Righto, thats it for today. Now remember one page of the effects of a dementors kiss and their roles guarding Azkaban." 

"Finally" Charlie huffed as he stood from the single desk and put is textbooks into his shoulder bag. Lily laughed. Knowing full well that Teddy was just enthused about his job.

"So why were you with McGonagall?" Asked Charlie, once class was finished and they were on their way back to the Gryffindor common room. Lily finally gave in and told him. "Look, don't tell anyone but...  since I am doing A LOT of classes this year, and some of them overlap, McGonagall though it a good idea to give me a time turner" she explained while pointing a rather large necklace that was dangling around her neck. 

"All right... and.... So you go back in time a take the classes?" Charlie grimaced, and then he snickered. Clearly laughing at the fact of what a nerd Lily was.

"Lily you are my best friend, bit seriously why the bloody hell do you want to go back in time JUST TO TAKE CLASSES!" He practically yelled.

 "Could have something to do with actually wanting to achieve things in life and not be handed them on a silver platter just cause I am Harry Potters daughter." Lily explained to the boy.

 "Just because you are his daughter doesn't mean you have to stretch yourself to thin though Lils." He reasoned. She blushed. She liked it when he called her 'Lils' as he only did it sometimes. 

 "Look I have to go now see you later" said Charlie and he ran off.

-Three Months Later-

It was Christmas Eve, and all everyone was at the burrow. By everyone, that means Teddy, Victoire, Dominique, Louis, James, Albus, Lily, Rose, Hugo, Roxanne, Fred II, Molly II Lucy and luckily last Charlie Longbottom. However, Teddy and Victoire had been left in charge of everyone, whilst the parents including Neville and Hannah Abbott were at Ron and Hermione's last minute gift-wrapping for all of the children. Although Teddy was now a teacher, he still struggled to keep track of all of these teens. It really didn't help that he was dating Victoire. It took the notion of authority away from him, even though he was also a teacher. They saw Teddy as a friend and didn't like the notion of him being a figure of high authority. Or as James puts it "I'm not doing what Teddy says. He a loon". Lets just say he got a clip on the ear by his mother for that one.

It was later in the evening just before they were about to eat and were expecting the parents back when Lily was just casually walking down the corridor in the house when she heard a rather peculiar noise. Suddenly there was a rather loud racket coming from the upper level. She hurried up the stairs only to find James. He was walking around dangling her time turner in his hands.

"James if you friggin touch it swear to Merlin I will blast you head off!" Lily exclaimed rushing towards him.  Then a simple "how?" was all that was said by her eldest brother. Suddenly, James ran downstairs to where all of the cousins and Teddy were hanging out. James came to a halt. Lily lunged forward in an attempt to snatch the hour-glass shaped time turner out of his hands.

 James tried to yank it away from her grasp. But it was too late, she had grabbed the end of the gold chain and in shock, James dropped it. It hit the floor with a  loud clatter. Lily cringed. All of the sudden they were whizzing all over he place and everyone else who was sitting in the lounge room watching a Muggle Christmas movie suddenly looked up. Suddenly there was grey smoke filling up the room. 

"Oh no, look what you did! YOU broke it!". 

"Broke what?" asked James but it was already to late.....