Save Point!

Kumohime Kashia

"Thank you~ Come again!" I waved cheerfully as another gamer had exited the game shop.

The smile I plastered on my face melted as I massaged my temples.

Working really is stressful.. Especially if the gamers that come here sometimes hit on me..

Please... I'm just working here.... I'm not here to flirt...

I smiled as I remembered the fact that I finally resolved the conflict between me and Azami-chan.

Hehe.. Its really nice to make up with friends.. Like there's this weight in your chest that suddenly disappears and a wave of relief replaces it.

*sighs*~ Thank goodness... I can finally have a proper night's rest..

I was snapped out of my thoughts when my phone started ringing a specific ringtone that only belonged to one person

A very dangerous person...

A course of fear suddenly rippled through my body, Did... I make a mistake?..  Is it my time..?..

In fear for Our lives. I pressed answer.

The predicament we are in now is all my fault.

"Yaaa~ I didn't expect you to pick up my call~"

Her childish tone rang through the silence in the background

It may sound harmless.... But no one can see the deadly edge to her tone.. The hidden coldness beneath her childishness... It's terrifyingly manipulative..

"Hallo~? Nee~ You still there~?" she interrupted my thoughts once again as I finally found the strength to answer the manipulative child.

"Lady Shion..... I did not expect your call.." I mumbled pathetically.. All the years of practicing for conversations with her suddenly dissipated into dust, leaving me in a sea of fear.

.....I can't let Azami-chan face her...

"Sooo~ You've been the one blocking my calls~ Yaa~ I should have known~ Bad bad, Himeko!" her voice now dripped with sweet poison,

But more importantly, I flinched as she called me by my real name.

Himeko... huh..

"Yaa~ I struck a cord! my bad my bad! But seriously.. What you did was dangerous.. A random girl? Are you... a moron or something?" her voice suddenly turned into a deadpan.

"....I apologize.." Was all I can muster as a measly reply.

"..Hahahahahaha~ Its alright.. In fact.. I am grateful. You want to save your kind eh? Sure. But I'll only give you, One chance for this. Because its fun, and Im in the mood.. I'll let you and your human friend off with this one, Himeko" she said happily.

I gave out a sigh in relief. Thank God....

"...You have One chance. Dont waste it. I suggest she should know of her objective now. Otherwise her cluelessness might prove Catastrophic."

"....As you wish.. Lady Shion"...

"..Man I'm so uncomfortable with that name~ Jaa nee~ I have paperworks to do. Do as you see fit as long as the equilibrium is not disturbed. Good day" she finished and ended the call with a click.

I slid down into a heap on the floor.. God.. She's that young and she's pressuring a sixteen year old... And more importantly, she is just using a sickly sweet tone..

I regained my composure as a plan started to form into my mind..

"...We'll meet soon, Azami-chan"... I smiled softly, and returned to work.