Chemo #6...THE LAST BIG ONE!!

March 10, 2012

Hello everyone!! Big Smiles!! Well, Monday March 5th was my final BIG CHEMO!! Woo Hoo...When I say Big Chemo I mean all 3 chemo drugs that have been my cocktail every 3wks, via IV, since November 18th. 2 of the drugs are used to treat the hormone positive cancer cells and they attacks anything and everything in my body that is fast growing...Those 2 are Taxotere and Carboplatin. The other drug I get is specialized for my specific form of cancer HER2 + and only attacks those cancer cells. It finds them, clones them, and smothers them. I am now DONE with the 2 hormone ones and I only have to take the Herceptin every 3wks via IV through November. It is a one year regimine but it is not as harsh as the other 2 drugs so I am so excited about that!! AND, my hair can start growing back now! I have a little peach fuzz and can't wait to see how it is going to grow out!!

Chantel came with me for this final BIG CHEMO....Such a great Mommy/daughter experience. She came in with me for my appointment with the oncologist as well so she could hear what is next and what we will be doing. It was a great day!!

Now for all the OTHER stuff!! If I thought I was going to have a little break before surgery, I better think again...lol. I have so many appointments and procedures coming up it reminds me of week one after my diagnosis. I have to go in on the 19th of March for a Chest CT Scan. The Dr says it is to check on a nodule they saw on my chest (not sure where) on the first scan but I don't remember mention of it. I will have to clarify exactly what she is talking about but she said it is just a recheck and should be fine. Then, right after that appointment I have to get another echocardiogram. I will need to get these every 3 months while on Herceptin because it can cause heart problems. Hopefully my Valvular Heart Disease has not worsened since my last echo in November. Praying on that. On the 20th I have another Breast MRI for final measurements on the tumors before removal. The 26th is my first chemo with JUST Herceptin. Then later in that week is my final appointment with the surgeon and I still have that tentative date of April 2nd for surgery! Oncologist appointment and next dose of Herceptin scheduled for April 16.

I am not sure when my 7wks of radiation will begin but I am sure I will be making an appointment soon...It is never ending it seems. I have certainly conquered a huge part of it. I have gotten through the bad part of chemo and I am still here smiling. I am so proud of myself. I never knew how strong I really was. Even when I was feeling weak.

This experience continues to change me. To make me a better person. To want to be so much more than I was before. What a tough journey to go through for these lessons but I welcome them with open arms. As I continue to learn through this and through all of you...Muah Love!