A Friendship Rekindled

February 1, 2012

Well as many of you know, shortly after my diagnosis, my relationship ended. At the time I was confused and felt he had abandoned me because of my diagnosis. He said that wasn't it. That I was becoming too demanding and needy. As I was trying to pull him closer, he was backing off. After 2 months of really sitting back an analyzing it all, I can see where that happened. My life felt like it was in a downward spiral and I was grasping to hold on to him. Loosing MYSELF in him. Luckily he saw this and did something about it.

Of course I was hurt and angry. I felt totally abandoned but he said if he turned back at all, we would have NEVER taken the break. That I needed to get my old confident self back. And I have. My life is content right now.

So Alex (my ex) and I have been texting the last few days. Yesterday we made plans to meet up. No talk of jumping back into a relationship but we both really missed the great friendship we had. So, I drove out to his house. I was nervous and didn't know if it would be awkard or not. Well, when I stepped out of my car and he hugged me, it was like no time had passed. First thing he did was sit me down and apologize to me with the timing of everything and how it must have looked. I admitted to him that I thought he had run scared and I didn't blame him BUT after looking at everything with a clear head, it was going to happen soon anyways, just sucks it was when I started Chemo.

We had such a great time...Reminescing, catching up on our lives. He LOVES the confidence and positive attitude he sees in me....That's the Deni he knows....lol. Are we back together? NO....But we are going to continue our awesome friendship and if more happens later down the road GREAT!!