Chapter 8 You Want Us To Protect You?

Start from the beginning

"Ryan you are not sending my daughter to boot camp!" Mom raised her voice. Ryan's face turned red with anger and he harshly grabbed her arm. "HEY!" I yelled, trying to pry him off but he shoved me down. "You fucking stay out of this!" Ryan sneered. "RYAN!" Mom screamed.

"I CAN AND I WILL IF YOUR DAUGHTER KEEPS UP THIS OBNOXIOUS BEHAVIOR!!! I HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO DO SO!!!" Ryan screamed, pointing to the police badge on his uniform. He shoved my mom out of my room and scoffed at me. "You can't do this! You're not my father! You never will be!" I cried.

I stood up and ran downstairs and out the front door. "GET BACK HERE YOUNG LADY!" Ryan screamed but I ignored him. I don't know where I'm going. I've never ran away before. Well, I DO plan on going home. Just not any time soon. It was really cold outside and this hoodie isn't exactly helping.

I leaned up against a closed up corner store and tried to warm myself up. I was lost and had no idea where I was, not only that but it was also starting to get dark outside. I see a woman walking by and decided to ask her where I was so I can have my mom pick me up.

"Hey um, excuse me!" I called out. When she turned around I saw her bloodshot eyes and twitching face. She came up to me and pushed me up against the wall. "What the-" I was cut off when she pulled out a knife and pointed it to my throat! "Give me your all of your money!" She yelled. I could now see by her ratted up hair, her bloodshot eyes, and her breath that she was high off something.

"I-I-I-I d-d-d-d-don't h-have a-a-any m-m-money!" I stuttered, heart racing 1000 miles a second. "THEN PAY WITH YOUR BLOOD!!!" She screeched. I shut my eyes and screamed when she raised her knife. I heard a thunk noise and a thud following it. When I opened my teary I see the woman knocked out and Gerard standing over her with his baseball bat!

"You just can't stay out of trouble can you sugar?" He asked, smirking at me. He wasn't wearing his school uniform. Instead he was wearing a leather jacket, black shirt, black jeans with holes on the knees, and and leather biker boots. I couldn't speak because of what just happened. "Hey now, why the tears? The crackhead can't hurt you now." He asked.

I didn't even realize I was crying until he said that. "I looked down and wiped away my tears. "Um, thanks." I muttered. Gerard let out a chuckle and approached me. "No problem doll. Now why are you out by yourself? New Jersey's not the safest place around ya know." Gerard asked and I looked down again.

"I'-I got into a fight with my mom's boyfriend." I replied with a sniffle. "I'm sorry sugar. I assume you're not planing on heading on home?" Gerard asked. I shook my head no. "I-I don't even know how to get home from here. I still don't have my address memorized yet." I said, feeling a little embarrassed now.

"I see." He said before grabbing my hand and dragging me away somewhere. "Wh-where are you taking me?" I asked, though, at this point I really don't care, as long as I'm not going home. "Taking you back to my house, where else?" He replied. I nodded and let him drag me. We walked across the street to a gas station where a motorcycle was parked.

He let go of my hand, mounted the motorcycle and started it up. "You getting on or what?" He asked. I looked away from him for a moment and looked at the motorcycle. I've never rode on one of these before. I sat myself on it behind Gerard and he put the kickstand up. "Hang on." He said. I awkwardly wrapped my arms around his waist and he sped of.

I tightened my grip on his waist with my eyes shut tight and my head resting on his back. He was going too fast for my liking. He didn't stop once so I assume he ran through every red light he came to. He made a few sharp turns, almost making the motorcycle flip over a few times! I felt Gerard finally slow down and then he came to a complete stop.

I lifted my head to see we were in front of a small two story house. He took the key out of the ignition and got off the bike. I followed in toe into his house. The inside was surprisingly cleaned and pretty small. A woman with long whitish blonde hair walked over to us. "Hi Gerard! Who's this?" She asked. "Misty. Friend from school. You don't mind if she stays for a while do ya?

She's kind of lost and doesn't know her address. She just moved here." Gerard asked. The woman looked at me and smiled but soon frowned when she saw my still somewhat traumatized face. "Oh of course. She can even spend the night and then go back home after school." She said.

My eyes widened. I've never spent the night at a boy's house before! "Oh, I can't, I don't think my mom would approve of this." I told her. She waved me off. "Nonsense, I insist. You look distressed anyways." She said. She seemed like the type of person who you couldn't win an argument with so I just nodded and thanked her.

"I'm Donna by the way! Nice to meet you!" She beamed, shaking my hand. "I'll order some pizza and you guys can go hang out. Gerard, stay out of trouble." She said before walking into another room. Gerard smiled down at me. "That's my mom. She's real cool." He said. "Come on." He walked over to a door that led to the basement and I followed him downstairs.

He led me to a decent sized bedroom with Star Wars posters, comic books, creepy bats in a glass thing and a bed with Star Wars blankets. "This is my cave!" Gerard said, tossing the baseball bat on the floor and plopping down on the bed. I stood there awkwardly and looked around at some of the drawings on the wall.

"Did you draw these?" I asked, pointing to the drawings. Gerard got up and walked up beside me. "Yup. You like 'em?" He replied then asked. "Yeah. They're really good." I said. Gerard smiled and nodded. His cheeks turned a light shade of pink and he walked back to his bed. "Um, thanks for protecting me back there from that crack lady." I said.

"You already thanked me, but whatever. You're lucky I had just so happened be across the street buying a pack of cigarettes." He said, winking at me. Now my cheeks were turning pink. "Could you protect me at school?" I mumbled. I quickly clamped my hand over my mouth when I realized what I just asked.

"What?" Gerard asked. "Uh, nothing." I lied. He shook his head and stood up. "You said something sugar, now tell me." He said, inching towards me. "I-it was really not that important!" I stuttered, backing up until I was against the wall. Gerard leaned down and put both of his arms over my head, pinning me there.

"It was obviously important if you're trying to hide it from me. Now tell me what you said." He said in a husky tone. I gulped as he stared me down. "I-I asked i-if y-you could protect a-at school, b-but i-it was a stupid question!" I replied, closing my eyes waiting to hear him laugh at me. But all I got was a light chuckle.

"Alright, I'll do it." He chuckled. This caught me by surprise because I didn't think he'd want anything to do with me. "Wait what? Really?" I asked, looking back up at him. He shrugged. "Yeah. Those kids will destroy you without my protection sweetheart." He said, winking at me again.

Hey lovely readers! I have a question. Does anyone want to do a Killjoys rp with me? I've been really wanting to do a Killjoys AU rp with someone for a long time now. So please, let me know if you'd like to rp with me!