"My parents were the King and Queen of our.. our territory.. like the leader of all the vampires. And now when they are gone. I am the one who took up my father's place. " He looks over his shoulder at me with worried eyes.

What should I do? I run my brain for some reaction. Should I run? Should I stay put? What the hell should I do?

Ask him questions. Yes.

"Are you like those vampires,we have heard in books and movies?Like the twilight thing? " I blurt out the first question that I can think of.

His lips twitch. Just slightly twitch before he replies with a frown.
"No. We are not like that."

"Look Alexandra. I will tell you and answer all of your questions. Just remember I won't hurt you. Ever. I can't and I'll be damned if I let anyone hurt you. I will do anything to protect,to keep you safe. " He turns his body towards me with a pleading look in his eyes.

Then suddenly all the pieces fit together and my eyes widen in realization.

He, coming to my room without any evidence. He , coming to Emma's house. Her cat. That note on her wall. Her words 'he is a monster'. Monster. Those black eyes and long teeth. His speed. Him,being cold. His weird behavior in college. He, knowing everything where I am.

I gasp as every puzzle solved one by one. Everything fits into place which always left me confused and he never telling me anything.

"I guess,you remember everything now." He says, softly. His voice like a melody in the silent room.

"Are you from the start? I mean ,vampire? " The word sounds foreign on my tongue. It is almost a laughable if anyone heard what we are talking about.

"Yes, I am. I am born vampire. But vampires when they are kids grow up like a normal human kid but once they turn 5 years old,they start showing the signs. But those with royal bloodline. Royal bloodline of Being King,shows signs when they turn the age of 3. So yeah." He completes his sentence , awkwardly as talking about being vampire is not usual for him.

Of course it is not. What do you want from him? To flaunt over the world that he is a vampire? I shake my head ,mentally , at myself .

I nod my head in understanding but honestly I am far from understanding anything now.

"I know it's too much for you to take in,right now. Why don't you take rest and sleep for a while? " He suggests, softly while standing up.

Sleep. Yes. It's the best thing. I still remember when I was young and I was stressed or in trouble ,I choose the easy way and that way is sleeping.

"Yes I think,i should sleep." My voice,scratchy. He looks at me with blank face,hands in his pants pocket.

"Are you going to stand here? "I ask in a whisper.

"If you want to." He replied back immediately.

Slowly,I start to lay down until my head hit the pillow.

"I think you should go and take some rest." I suggest with uncertainty.

"I'm fine,Lexi. " The way he says Lexi,makes me shiver in a good way.

Pull yourself together.

I nod my head but I freeze when he starts to move towards me. Run. No,he won't hurt me,right?

He stands infront of my face but keeps a distance from me but then he leans down and my breath stucks in my throat,I clench my fists at my side.

He leans down and kisses my forehead, lightly but lingers there for a few seconds. And with that kiss ,I feel myself , melting and relaxing,I almost sigh but stop myself before it.