Chapter 44

*Read the note in the end please!

Xander's Pov

I look at the people, who are staring back at us. My body fills with pride knowing I have my people and My Queen, beside me now. Finally. I exhale with relief. I can feel Lexi's heart thumping wildly in her chest and I'm sure others can hear it also.

Anticipation. I can smell the sense the thick coat of anticipation over her.

" Today, you are gather here to welcome and meet your Queen." My voice booms across the yard, gaining-demanding attention. I won't let anyone disrespect me and if anyone disrespect their Queen, they disrespect me.

" I want all of you to respect her, respect her decisions, respect her wishes. If anyone of you disrespect her, they directly disrespect me! She is your Queen,your leader. You have to cherish her, love her. But if anyone of you harm her in anyway they have to answer me." I glare at everyone to make my point.

"Any objections?" I ask them in formality but honestly if anyone objects they have to deal with me. Alexandra tenses up in my side.

One hand raises among the crowd and I smirk in sadistic amusement.

Okay then.

" Please step up." From the corner of my eye, I see Matt walking up the stage again but standing at far distance from me. He better stays away from me or-

"uhm-" Ah I know him. Isaac, about 40 years old, working in my company.

"Oh Isaac? You have objection? Interesting. Let us hear that." He looks at me with wide eyes before he shakes his head.

"No. Not objection..." I raise an eyebrow in his direction.

"Actually, I have a question." I tilt my head, nodding my head for him to go on.

"I mean- I- We can smell- I mean- sense that our Queen is human. How can she live among us? I mean she can! But won't it be dangerous?" His eyes flicker towards Alexandra and I growl at him, my eyes flashing between black and grey.

They better keep their paws and teeth to their selves or I won't hesitate in ripping them out!

A hand clasps on my shoulder, gripping it. I turn my head, my eyes locking with Harrison. A silent conversation pass between us before I take a deep breath in.

"It is her decision-only her own- whether she wants to become like us or not. But I can assure you she will never disappoint or let anyone down. She will take care of you. But God help me if anyone of you even touches her, I will tear your arms out." I complete my sentence calmly.

"And if she decides to stay human then it is your duty to protect her from harm instead of causing it to her. Can I rely on my people to do as I say? To protect her? To respect her? To not let her-let me down?" I add looking at everyone, making sure I make eye contact with each of them.

To make someone listen to you, you have to keep eye contact. It's the most important part of the conversation.

A soft hum and murmur spreads across the environment, everyone nodding their head. Isaac steps forward again with his head held high.

"I promise you, King. I will protect our Queen, respect her and never let her or you down in doing so." I smile at him, my first genuine smile, they have ever seen on my face. Following him, others step forward also, speaking their assurances.

I notice, Alexandra, who was standing still before relaxes, releasing a sigh under her breath. I look down at her at the same time she looks at me.