Chapter 24: Being One's Trial

A/N
Yes, I attached another picture of Lucio Alves (portrayed by Manu Rios) because why not?

Votes and comments are highly appreciated :')

Also, share this story to anyone who you know might be interested

So yeah .

Being kissed by another boy wasn't exactly something that Pelham had ever experienced, regardless of his sexual orientation. And he couldn't exactly deny the fact that he was downright stunned by Lucio's sudden move. How much courage the simple move required, Pelham couldn't tell. He would never know.

Pelham sat frozen on the couch, his lips locked with Lucio's. He couldn't feel anything around him; not the warmth of Lucio's touch, not the boy's tightening clasp around his wrist, which was slowly moving to his upper arm. He was numb as ice.

And it took Pelham quite a while to respond. Performing it without conscious thought, he closed his eyes and moved his lips lightly against Lucio's, realising nonessentially that Lucio's lips where thicker than April's.

Pelham wished he hadn't done such thing, for after that second of kissing Lucio back, the younger boy pulled away abruptly as though an electric shock had been transmitted to his body. Horror was drawn all over the boy's face, his eyes wide and gleaming as iridescently as always. There was no missing the indignity that flashed across Lucio's eyes as he blinked rapidly up at Pelham, looking at a complete loss and trepidation.

His mouth opened and closed, but words failed to leave his mouth. Upon realising that Lucio's hands were still on Pelham's shoulders, Lucio extracted them at that instant as though the older boy was nothing but filth. His chest was heaving, and his cheeks were flushed. Lucio looked more like someone who had run a marathon.

When Lucio finally found his voice, all he could muster was, "I need to go." And it was said in such a haste that Pelham couldn't help but feel a tad crestfallen.

"Wait-"

Regardless of his debilitated state, perhaps the brief kiss had stimulated an adrenaline boost in Lucio's system that he gathered his belongings in less than a minute. Ignoring Pelham's call for him to settle down, Lucio dashed towards the front door. Pelham couldn't deny the fact that he was the slightest bit affronted.

"Just hang on a minute-"

"See you around, Pelham."

Pelham got to his feet, but he didn't attempt to chase after Lucio, who had paused momentarily at the threshold with his back facing Pelham. For a fleeting moment, Pelham got the impression that Lucio will stop to sort the whole occurrence out, that Lucio will justify the reasons behind his actions. Had it been what they all called "in the heat of the moment"?

Alas, Lucio left without another word.

Silence overwhelmed the whole room as soon as the front door was closed, like plugging your ears in to shut down the world's relatively irksome rumpus. And Pelham was left standing there, staring at the door, completely nonplussed by the sudden change of events.

It was only then that he became aware of the erratic beating of his heart against his chest. Unconsciously, he fingers travelled to his bottom lip, where the ghostly touch of Lucio's lips still lingered.

He wasn't grossed out. He found that he didn't mind it at all. As a matter of fact, it felt okay. He was simply stupefied at having been kissed out of the blue, especially from another boy. Yes, that's it, he told himself, trying to regain composure of himself. So much for an unforeseen kiss.