Performing for Who?

Chapter Seven:

Hollie is up to no good. I can feel it in my bones. It seems to me that when I die these words will be written on my stone. Haha. Get it?

No? Okay.

Anyway, I can't exactly think about Hollie right now because Demi is introducing us to her co-judge for today's performances.

"Alright, ladies. As you know, I'm going to be accompanied by another well-known singer for your performances. And that judge is standing behind this curtain." Demi gestures to the blanket, which is draped over a horizontal pole thing,
as if she is Vanna White. "Can I have a drum roll, please?"

Everyone pats the table or their laps to build the suspense. Oh my gosh, them butterflies in my belly w-w-won't stop.

Woah, I don't know why I'm alluding to songs all of a sudden.

"And our guest judge will be..." The drum rolls die down. "...the talented and fabulous CHER LLOYD!" Demi announces.

And at that moment, we couldn't stop squealing.

Cher Lloyd is right in front of my face. I would get to socialize with Cher Lloyd and Demi Lovato at the same time. Best day ever.

We took a group picture with Cher and Demi because, well, we're just that cool.

Hollie was practically following Cher everywhere she went. Probably sucking up to her and trying to get on her good side. Amy was there, too.

They are really big butt kissers. Butt kissing should be an art. They would master it so perfectly.

But all my brain wants to think about right now is that I will be performing. Alone. In front of Demi Lovato. And Cher Lloyd. Two singers who I absolutely love and adore. Also the same two singers who I will absolutely embarass myself in front of.

The performances will start in an hour, so I decide to practice my song once more.

I go down the long hallway to my room. As I walk along, I hear someone else practicing in their room. My curiosity gets the best of me so I decide to check it out.

And I, I can't come alive.
I want the room to take me under,
'Cause I can't help but wonder
What if I had one more night for goodbye?

No. Freaking. Way. Hollie was singing my song. MY SONG. I'm the one who decided to sing "These Four Walls" for my performance, not Hollie. God, she is so..so..ugh! I can't even find a word to describe how despicable she is! Wait, I just found one. Never mind.

Hollie is so despicable!

Now what do I do, you might ask? Well, my friend, I'm going to stick with my song. I just have to find a way to make my version better than Hollie's.

I go to my room to tell Ellie, and we get to work.

----------

"Raina!" Demi calls from her patio. "Could you come over here for a second, please?"

I jog over to where Demi was seated...with Hollie? "Yeah?" I say. "What can I do for you?"

Demi gets right down to business. "Well, Raina, sweetie, it seems as though you stole Hollie's song. The one she was going to sing for me and Cher today." Hollie smirks at me from behind Demi's chair.

I stare at her wide-eyed and in disbelief. "What? What are you talking about? She's the one who stole my song! She was listening to me practice! It was her!" I point at Hollie accusingly while I rat her out.

"That's not what it looks like here," Demi says, holding up Hollie's phone. It was playing a video of me by Hollie's door, listening to her practice.

Hollie set up her camera so she could make me look bad. How dubious.

"I swear, it's not what it looks like," I say, trying to defend myself. "I have proof that she took that song first. Ellie! Ellie! Come over here!" Ellie looks up, but Demi holds her hand up motioning for her to stay.

Demi interrupts me. "Raina, it's fine. I just wanted to let you know that I don't want this to happen again, or there will be consequences. Alright?"

"Okay," I mutter. How can she believe that evil blond smurf sitting beside her?

I can't believe Hollie would do this to me.

So as revenge, I will totally blow away Demi and Cher with my fabulous rendtition of "These Four Walls." Hopefully.

----------

"Raina? You're next!" I hear someone call. Elena Williams, the eldest girl with the pretty red hair, just finished singing Beyonce's "Listen," and all I could say is wooaaahh. If she doesn't get into the finals I'd be devastated. That girl is downright amazing.

I warily stand up and head over to the patio where the microphone and the two judges were at. I look back at the girls, and they encourage me to proceed.

Here we go...again.

"Hey Demi, Cher. How are you guys doing today?" I greet.

"Great," they say at the same time.

"So what are you going to sing for us today?" Cher asks. I love her accent so much. Can I have it, please?

"'These Four Walls' by Little Mix,'" I reply.

"Whenever your ready," Demi says.

I put my hands on the microphone and take a deep breath. I start the version of the song Ellie and I worked on all night. They're the same words, but different dynamics and stuff.

I didn't understand anything about it, Ellie actually did all the work. She's a miracle worker, I tell you.

I lay in bed, can't seem to leave your side.
Your pillow's wet, from all these tears I've cried.
I won't say goodbye.

I tried to smile today, then I realize there's no point anyway.
In this time, I've lost all sense of pride.
I've called a thousand times.
If I hear your voice, I'll be fine.

And I, I can't come alive.
I want the room to take me under,
'Cause I can't help but wonder
What if I had one more night for goodbye?

If you're not here to turn the lights off,
I can't sleep.
These four walls and me.

I end the song and pause, waiting for some type of reaction from Demi and Cher.

HOLD THE PHONE. I JUST PERFORMED FOR DEMI LOVATO FOR THE SECOND TIME AND I ALSO JUST PERFORMED IN FRONT OF CHER LLOYD. LIKE WOAH.

Okay, I am now done internally fangirling.

After they absorb the last of the song, they smile at me.

"That was beautiful, Raina," Cher says cheerily.

"Fantastic," Demi agrees, nodding her head. "Thank you and we'll tell you the results later today."

"Thank you," I breathe, smiling. I let out a huge breath. At least that's over with.

Mia, Ellie, and Katie run up to me to tell me that I did a great job. Apparently, they were watching through the window.

Hollie is next to perform and everyone gathers around the window again. I take this as a chance to tell Elena how amazing she was.

"Thanks," she says. Then she lowers her voice and tells me, "I heard what happened between you and Hollie, and I know she's the one who stole the song you were going to sing. Listen, I've met Hollie a few years back in this talent show thing, and I have your back. Don't worry."

I smile at her. I think I really like Elena. There's just something about her I can't quite put my finger on.

Maybe it's the fact that she hates Hollie as much as Hollie hates me?

----------

Author's Note: Cher Lloyd and Demi Lovato to the side because they are so amazing together! Listen to their song "Really Don't Care" off Demi's album

Also, "These Four Walls" is to the side just in case no one else knows Little Mix's songs