Twitter and Tutoring

Chapter Sixteen:

You may or may not have been wondering where my family has been during the past few days or so.

Well, if you have, I am so very glad for you. Your memory's improving!

Anyway, my parents turned into tourists doing whatever tourists do in L.A., and apparently, I have rehearsals so I can't go with them.

That's fine, though. I already toured the first time I was here.

I didn't tell you about that, did I? Well, it was just a boring walk through downtown, stopping at different places and whatnot.

Eve started to hang out with Ellie more than I do. I guess that's where she is whenever I can't find her.

They're the same age, anyway, so why not?

At the moment, I am trying to go back to sleep. I woke up at the ungodly hour of four in the morning because of a nightmare I had.

You don't want to know.

I can't get myself to sleep again, though, because my awaited talk with Finn keeps coming to mind. I'm going to the mall later tonight to see him and I'm both excited and nervous.

I'm also nervous because my parents came up to me yesterday with very important news.

I have to pursue my education.

In my hotel.

Here, in L.A.

Apparently, my school didn't really think I'd get this far in the show and that I'd come back to school soon.

They're great people, supporting me like that. I really love them, you know?

Not.

That means getting up early in the mornings again.

Ew. Effort.

Anyway, to pass some time right now because my brain does not want to shut down and sleep, I open up my twitter.

That, my friend, was a very foolish mistake.

My phone was blowing up with notifications from twitter.

@raina_thompson you def did not deserve to perform even one live show #bringhollieback

@raina_thompson why are u still in the competition? #kickoutraina #bringhollieback

@raina_thompson you b*tch! Hollie deserves to be in your place #bringhollieback

What is this? "Hate on Raina Day?"

There were hundreds of tweets like this.

But how?

Who could possibly hate me this much?

A single tear rolls down my cheek and I don't stop it.

Not until that tear leads to a full-blown sob.

I sob into my pillow, not caring if I cry out loud because Eve was sleeping over in Ellie's room.

I have the liberty to cry as loud as I want.

That is, until my phone starts ringing.

I pick it up and clear my throat, trying to sound normal.

"Hello?" I say.

"Have you been crying, Raina?" a familiar voice inquires.

"What? No," I tell Finn, my voice cracking.