Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Do you want to go out to dinner, see a movie? What do you want to do?" Toby asked his girlfriend Xoe.

"I want to go to your house." Xoe and Toby exchanged smiles.

"Can we go to your house?" Xoe's smile faded away slowly. "We always go to my house. Come on." Toby begged.

"Fine, we'll go to my house," Toby kissed Xoe on the cheek. "Watch out! This turn is really sharp and icy." It was two weeks till Christmas and there was a huge snowstorm the past two days.

"Don't worry; I go this way all the time."

"After you take this turn, you're going to want to take a left up here." Xoe gave Toby directions, even though Toby has taken Xoe home after school every day for a year. Toby pulled into Xoe's driveway.

"I can't wait to meet your parents." Toby smiled and took off his seatbelt. Toby walked around the car to open Xoe's car door.

"Maybe this isn't such a great idea. We should go somewhere else." Xoe swallowed, with a knot in her stomach.

"Why not?"

"Well-"

"Xoe!" Xoe's dad yelled from inside the house. Xoe became panicked and heart rate grew faster and faster.

"Toby, you should just go home. I beg of you"

"Why?" Toby held Xoe trying to calm her down. What was she freaking out about?

"Please, just go home!" Xoe's dad stormed out of the house and yanked Xoe by the arm.

"Where the hell have you been?! And who the hell is this?"

"Hello Mr.Menzel, I'm Toby, Xoe's boyfriend." Toby stepped forward to shake her father's hand.

"Stay away from daughter and get off of my property!"

"Toby leave." Toby was hesitant. He wanted to protect Xoe but he didn't want to make Xoe mad by not listening to her. Toby walked away slowly and drove off. Xoe's dad grabbed Xoe's hair and threw her in to the house."

Toby pulled into the drive-way of his house. Toby saw his brother threw the window standing in the kitchen. "What's up bro?" Toby asked his brother James. James is only a year younger than Toby.

"Just making myself something to eat." James had all the sandwich supplies out. " I didn't see you at the party."

"Yeah, Xoe and I were on our way but we decided we didn't want to go." Toby grabbed a Dr.Pepper from the fridge.

"Where'd you guys go?" James left the kitchen and left all the supplies on the counter.

"We just went to her house."

"Oh I see," A smirk appeared on James face and giggled. "Did you bang her?"

"Dude, no. And just to let you know, no one says 'bang' anymore. This isn't the 90's. Anyway I didn't go inside; her dad came out and started screaming at her and dragged her into the house." Toby sat down in the arm chair in the living room and rested his head in the palms of his hands.

"I'm sorry man."

"I just hope she's okay." James nodded.

It was one thirty in the morning and everyone in the house was sleeping besides Toby, Toby was downstairs watching television in the living room. Toby was beginning to fall asleep but then the doorbell rang. Toby opened the door to find Xoe standing outside, she was bruised and bloody. Xoe fell into Toby's arms.