Chapter 5

"Mom! Dad! I'm home. And I brought someone." Toby took a deep breath and stepped inside. His hands shaking like crazy. Steve and Katie both walked into the living room and had looks of utter shock when they saw Toby in the door way.

"Hi mom and dad." He waved

"What's wrong Toby? Why aren't you and Xoe at the cabin?" Katie asked.

"She kind of broke up with me."

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry sweetie."

"It's okay. I feel worse now."

"Are you going to be okay son?"

"I'm just going to go up to bed." Toby crawled up the stairs and slammed his door shut behind him. He never wanted to leave his room again. His eyelids began to become heavy and he feel asleep. He never wanted to wake up again.

"Xoeeee!" Xoe shut the door behind her and kneeled to the ground.

"Mikeyyy!" She opened her arms, letting her 8 year old little cousin fling himself into her arms.

"I missed you Xoe!"

"I missed you too little man!"

"Mike? IS that Xoe?" A voice came from the kitchen.

"Yes mommy." Her aunt walked into the front hall. She was wearing an apron and was wiping her hands with a washcloth.

"He Xoe!" She hugged her. "How have you been?"

"I've been better." Xoe sighed.

"I'm sorry honey. Dealing with break-ups are so hard."

"Mommy!" Mike screamed from the other room. "Dianna took my DVD out of the DVD player and used it as a coaster. Now it's all scratched up."

"Wait, Dianna is here?" Xoe's heart dropped. She hasn't seen or talked to Dianna since Xoe went through a lesbian phase.

"Yeah. She never finished collage. She flunked out."

"Is she going to be okay with me staying here?"

"You don't need her approval Xoe. It was just a phase. My house, my rules, you can stay here as long as you want. "Xoe nodded." Dianna get down here! There is someone I want you to see!

"Ugh mom! I'm on the phone with Chance!"

"I don't care. You can call him later."

"Fine! Chance I got to go, I'll call you back later. "Xoe grew extremely pale and started shaking. She didn't know why she was so nervous. Oh wait, yes she did. During her phase Dianna made fun of her told everyone. Dianna also vowed to never talk to her again. She was one of the girls who beat her up at prom. "Mom how many times do I have to tell you to not bother me when I am on the ph-" She stopped talking and froze when she saw xoe.

"Dianna, Xoe is going to be staying with us for a while."

"No. She is not staying here!"

"Dianna, Xoe is family and this not your decision! She is staying in your room too!"

"WHAT! Hell No! I am not having that homo sleep in my room! She'll probably try to seduce me or something. I have a 'No homo's allowed policy'!"

"Dianna! That is quite enough! It was just a phase and even if it wasn't it still shouldn't matter! Xoe is family! She is staying and sleeping in your room! No arguments! Now show Xoe to your guy's room!" Dianna stormed up the stairs.

"Come on Xoe!"

Toby woke up the next morning (unfortunately) and rubbed his eyes. He smelled the scent of pancakes in the air which as usual got him up. Toby walked downstairs.

"Hey kid how ya feelin?"

"Bad!" Toby bitterly snapped back.

"Look I know it is hard but it will all be okay soon." He walked over to the table and buried his head in his arms.

"So what happened?" Steve put his hand on his sons.

"It doesn't matter. It was just a stupid fight."

"If it didn't matter you two wouldn't have broken up."

"I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT OKAY!" Steve just sat there stunned. Toby looked down at the floor. He felt ashamed . "I'm going to eat upstairs.