Chapter 6

"So, why are you even here homo?" Xoe looked up from her book.

"First off, if you keep calling me homo everytime you talk to me, I'm not going to answer."

"Hey I'm just stating the truth."

"And second, I am not gay so stop calling me homo. You really want me to leave don't you?" Dianna stood silent. "Well you did a great job of making me feel unwanted AGAIN! I guess I will just leave.

"Don't leave. I'm sorry. So why are you here?"

"I don't think I should tell you."

"Why not?"

"Because I know you. I know what you are going to say."

"Try me."

"Fine... Toby and I broke up. I was kind of living at his house and now I have nowhere else to stay."

"I'm sorry."

"Wait... What? Sorry about Toby?"

"Yeah, and some other things."

"Like what?"

"It's personal okay!"

"Calm down."

"I'm just sorry about everything I've done to you. Telling everyone you went Lesbian, beating you up at prom, cutting you off, being mean. Everything. But the truth is..... I look up to you Xoe."

"What do you mean?"

"I look up to you because of how confident and proud you are of who you are. Because you had the guts to do what I could never do."

"What's that?"

"Come out." Dianna whispered.

"What. Dianna? Are you g-"

"Don't say the word."

"What word? Gay?"

"Yes that one."

"But you are. You're gay Dianna."

"I just don't like being called that. I play for the other team ok? Just put it like that."

"Okay. Does anyone else know?"

"No. You're the first person I've told."

"This is a hard thing to deal with and I didn't come out by choice. You forced me so I didn't have as much guts as you think."

"But you delt with it. I have no idea what I put you through but from what I gathered it was hell."

"Girls time for bed!" Aunt Jessica yelled. They climbed under their bed sheets and Dianna shut off the lamp next to her.

"How do you know?"

"What?"

"How do you know you're g-... you play for the other team?"

"I had a crush on you.: Xoe's face burned and she pretty sure it was red to.

"You know what? In a way you deserve this. It's karma for everything you did to me. All the hell you put through. For some reason... I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for you."

"Toby are you okay? Can I come in?" James knocked on his brothers bedroom door. Toby crawled out of bed and wiped his face with tissue. He quickly looked in his mirror to see if he at least looked somewhat presentable.

He was mortified. He didn't see the same happy, fashionable Toby he saw a week ago. Now all he saw was a sad, depressed, careless Toby. His eyes were bloodshot, his hair was pointing every which way, his eyes were puffy, he was pale and skin felt extremely oily. He didn't care anymore. Without Xoe he was nothing so why did it matter?