Chapter 4

"This can't be happening." Toby whispered. The world was spinning around him. He could barely stand up. He tumbled onto the floor when he finally lost his balance. He looked at the clock, 12:30. James was due to come and visit at 12:45. Toby just lied there. He didn't even realize he was crying. He thought of all the kisses, songs, laughs, trips to FroYo, hand holding, and all the memories they shared. All of it. He figured that James would give him a ride home when he got there. He laid there, praying it was just a dream and he would wake up. He didn't.

Xoe sped down the road in fury. Her throat hurt extremely bad. She didn't know if it was from yelling or trying to hold back the tears. She stopped on the side of the road a few times to think. Maybe I should go back and apologize. She did the process a few times till she made a decision. Toby never wants to see me again.

Toby looked up at the clock again. James was seven minutes late. He started to worry that he would never show up. After lying there for a few more minutes he heard a knock on the door.

"Toby? Xoe? You guys there?" James hollered. Hear Xoe's name gave Toby a sharp, stabbing pain in his chest. He heard James open the door and stepped into the cabin. "Toby?" James rushed over to his brother weeping on the floor. "What's wrong? Where's Xoe?"

"Xoe left."

"What do you mean?" Is she out to get something to eat or something?"

"NO JAMES! She left me."

"What!?"

"We had a huge fight and then she just broke it off and left." James held his brother curled up in a ball in his arms. He rocked him back and forth.

"I'm sorry Toby. It's going to be okay bro. It'll be okay. Do you want me to take you home?"

"I don't know. I mean, you guys spent so much money on the cabin and I don't want to upset you guys."

"No offense Toby, but you're a mess right now. Mom and Dad will understand."

'Are you sure?"

"Im positive. Go get your things. I'll drive home.

Xoe slammed her hand on the horn. "HURRY UP! MOVE IT!" She screamed irritated with the car in front of her. She let out an exasperated sigh and took out her phone. She dialed speed dial number 6 and put it on speaker.

"Hey Xoe! What's up?"

"Hey Aunt Jessica. Do you mind if I stay at your house for a while?"

"Of course you can honey. What's wrong?"

"I just broke it off with my boyfriend and I need a place to stay."

"Well you are welcome to stay here anytime. Do you still go to Millennium?"

"No. I go to that school a block away from you, Regis."

"Oh, well that works perfectly!"

"Okay. I'll be there in about 10 minutes."