Chapter 3

An hour and half later all the cookies were decorated and ready to eat. They made Santa cookies, snowman cookies, and all kinds of Christmassy things! Toby made a cookie in the shape of a heart and frosted X.M. + T.P. in the middle. Xoe nearly cried when Toby gave it to her. After a day of eating cookies, snuggling under a blanket, and watching holiday movies, they decided it was time to go to bed. Toby kissed Xoe on the cheek.

"Good night baby. " They feel asleep instantly.

Toby woke up Christmas Eve morning alone. He couldn't find Xoe anywhere. Ten minutes later Xoe walked through the door.

"Where were you?"

"I was doing some last minute Christmas shopping. I bought little things for my friends in theatre, I got something for your parents and James, and some small things for you."

"Can I open mine now? " Toby jumped out of his seat and ran towards Xoe.

"You have to wait till Christmas like everyone else. " Xoe patted him on his back. Toby whined all the way back to the bed. "Toby that sad puppy face isn't going to work on me!" They giggled, as Xoe sat on Toby's lap.

"I love you. " Toby mumbled into Xoe's ear. He softly kissed Xoe's neck. Xoe closed her eyes and sighed.

"I love you too."

"Toby? Can I come in?" Steve knocked on the door. Toby sighed heavily with irritation.

"Sure dad. " Toby's dad ruining another intimate moment between him and Xoe. Steve walked into his bedroom holding an envelope. "What's that dad?"

"Your mother and I were talking and we decided we wanted to give you and Xoe your Christmas gift now." Steve handed them the envelope. Inside was an all-expenses paid week long mountain getaway for two, with a private cabin, and hot spring pool.

"We figured you and Xoe could use some alone time, so we saved up for this mini mountain vacation, Merry Christmas you two."

"Oh my god. Steve thank you! "Xoe jumped up and attacked Steve.

"Yeah really dad! You didn't have to do this!"

"Well we wanted to. "He smiled.

"Thank you dad, " Toby hugged his father.

"Your welcome Toby. "Toby walked back and stood next to Xoe.

"Come here Xoe. "Steve said opening his arms so Xoe could hug him. Xoe stood there for a second and herself into Steve's arms. She cried into Steve's shoulder and thanked him over and over again.

"Merry Christmas Xoe. Welcome to the family. "Xoe sobbed. Steve was the Xoe had longed for all her life. One that would love and care for her. One that was a shoulder to cry on, one that would listen to her, and one who accepted her. That was all Xoe could ask for she got much more.

"Xoe can you help me with these bags?"

"Yeah, one second. "Toby and Xoe had arrived at their private mountain oasis. Xoe was checking the place out. She ran over to Toby who was struggling to lift both of the huge suitcases out of the car. "Toby stop. You're going to hurt yourself carrying that much. "Xoe grabbed her bag and they carried them inside. When they got inside they both dropped their bags in awe of what they saw. There was ceiling fan, fully stocked kitchen, beautiful furniture, king size bed, huge fireplace with a fluffy rug, and a massive bathroom that has tub you can swim in and large shower with a marble bench, and to top it off in between the tub and the shower was an electric fireplace.

"Oh my god! This place is... just wow!" Xoe said breaking the stunned silence. " How much do you think they paid for this place?"

"I have no idea but probably a lot. " They jumped when all of a sudden there was a high pitched beep and a bubbling noise. "What was that?" Toby asked.