Chapter 32

Baby I'm perfect for you...

♥♥♥

Harry

Carter had been in hospital for two months and she's no where near better. She's lost all of her hair so I gave her my beanies to wear. She hasn't left the hospital for a long time and I hate seeing her cooped up in this room all day.

"Baby, do you need some water?" I ask Carter. She's been coughing a lot these past few days and I've been getting really worried. Mum says she might be coming down with the flu, which is common for people who have chemotherapy.

She slowly nods, I lift her head up onto the pillow and tell her I'll be back in a minute. Carter looks so different now. Her hair is gone, a long with her eyebrows and eyelashes. She's extremely skinny and can't walk anymore because she is so weak. She's always tired and can't breathe properly without the oxygen tank.

She's suppose to be getting better but instead she's getting worst. So much worst.

I walk back into her room with a cup of water and hold it to her lips, I lift up her head so that she is able to drink from the cup and she takes a small sip of the cold water. "Thank you." She whispers and lies back down again.

I move to lie down next to her and she rests her head on my shoulder, her coughing the worst sound I've heard. "I wish I could come to your last game today." She says.

I told her about my last football game at school. School finishes July, this month and our last football game is today but unfortunately, because of Carter's conditions, she can't make it. "It's okay, I understand." I kiss her forehead and she sighs.

"Harry I think we should talk..." She starts. I turn to face her and she sits up, resting her back on the pillows. "W-when or if I go, I want you to move on."

My heart drops. Carter is the love of my life and I'm not going to love anyone as much as I love her. I don't care if she's in Heaven or on Earth, I love her and I always will. "No. I will not move on Carter."

She sighs, "I knew you would do this."

"What? Refuse to love anyone else besides you? I will be like this Carter because I won't find anyone else. There's only you." I tell her and she tears up.

"I don't want to hold you back from living a life you deserve to live." She cries and I grab her hand.

"I deserve you and I can never stop loving you Carter." She wraps her arms around my neck and kisses my lips through her tears.

"I love you so much." She mumbles.

After a while, my mum comes in to do chemotherapy. I take this as my queue to leave but a hand stops me from moving. I turn around and Carter looks at me with her big, blue eyes, "I want you to stay."

I look at Carter and then at my mum, whose looking at Carter sympathetically. I've never stayed for Carter's chemo, she always asks me to leave not wanting me to see her in a vulnerable state.

"Are you sure?" I check with her and she nods.

I sit on the bed next to her and she grips onto my hand, obviously scared about what's to come but I thought she'd be use to it now. "Okay sweetie, just lie down so I can put the cannula in." Mum instructs and I move so Carter can lie down.

"Don't go anywhere." She says, keeping a firm grip on my hand.

"Never." I whisper and kiss her forehead before sitting back on the chair next to her bed.

Mum puts the cannula in the back of her hand and gets a small injection from the tray filled with some kind of liquid. She puts the injection into the cannula and injects it in through the tube. Carter shuts her eyes tightly and holds my hand tighter. "I don't like it." She grumbles.