Bad News

Alex's P.O.V.

Izzy: Why did you do that to her?!

Alex:Sorry but she already stole your boyfriend, and got into a fight with you, AND told everyone your secret!

Yvonne: I'm sorry, okay! I was only with Patrick because I had feelings for him at the time and Izzy was the one who wanted that fight! I'm sorry I told about the secret life of hers but I was caught up in the moment! Sorry Izzy.

Izzy: Can we just forget about the contest? I want something to eat.

We all collected our stuff and went upstairs to change.

Yvonne's P.O.V.

The girls and I went to our rooms to change. I put on a purple T-shirt and light green sweatpants with my purple Nike sneakers. I was about to go downstairs but Dustin walked in with my phone in his hands. It was ringing.

Dustin: Here, you left it in the kitchen.

Yvonne: Thanks

Dustin left and I answered the phone. It was my mom.

Me: Hi mom.

Mom: Hi Sweetie, how are you?

Me: I'm fine. You?

Mom: Well I could be better.

Me:What do you mean? Is there something wrong?

Mom: Um...actually there is. It's about...well...it's about Rashad.

Me: Rashad? What's wrong with Rashad?

Mom: Well we took him to the doctor earlier and they told us that he has diabetes.

I froze. I couldn't speak, couldn't move. I wasn't even sure if I was still breathing. My son has diabetes?!

Me: You're kidding

Mom: I hate to say it but I'm not. But it'll be okay. I promise.

Me: Yeah, everything will be fine. I'm just concerned about what'll happen to Rashad.

Mom: Don't worry. Me and your dad are taking really good care of him. And he's doing perfectly fine.

Me: OK. I have to go now mom.

Mom: Okay, bye.

Me: Bye Mom.

I hung up and layed on my bed. How could this happen? I have a bad feeling about this but I know Rashad will be alright. I just hope that I'll be out of this place soon. This storm can't possibly last any longer.