Alex's story

Alex's P.O.V.

I was born and raised in the richest parts of Los Angeles, California. My father is a famous movie director and him and my mom always gave me everything that I wanted. But as I got older they became more controlling. They would tell me exactly what what to do every minute of everyday and treated me like an adult. I always wanted a normal teen life and wanted to live in a small town instead of a big fancy city. I also wanted to go to a public school and do normal teenage things. But my parents always refused. They would always tell me that this is how my life was going to be and that I should just deal with it.

One night, I got very frustrated with everything that was happening in my life. I decided that the only option I had was to run away.

But where to?

I thought about it during dinner and I finally came up with a plan just before I went to bed.

My aunt Vanessa, who is my mom's sister, lives in the suburbs in Phoenix, Arizona. She isn't exactly rich but has a pretty good job. She is my favorite aunt but I rarely see her. But she is the is the family membet that lives closest to me. So at around 9:00 PM I decided to call her and tell her my plan. And to my surprise, she actually agreed to it.

At exactly midnight when the coast was clear I heard her pull up to the front of the house in her red convertable. I had already packed my big purple suitcase and my smaller green one. I quietly made my way down the stairs, past the family room, and finally escaped through the big white front door.

I saw Vanessa parked in the driveway and ran over to her with my luggage rolling on its wheels behind me. Aunt Vanessa helped me put the luggage in the back of her car and then we both hopped inside.

But just as Aunt Vanessa was putting the car in reverse, Lisa, our maid, came running out of the house with my parents right behind her. OH C'MON! I thought.

"Alex, we were worried sick about you! We checked the whole house and we couldn't find you until we heard Vanessa's car outside and we saw YOU in it!" my mom exclaimed.

My parents had a mini argument with Aunt Vanessa about how she shouldn't of agreed to doing this in the first place and, like always, she defended me. She told them everything I had explained to her about how I wasn't entirely happy with my life.

Eventually my parents gave in and we decided to move to the suburbs in northern Illinois. There I attended a normal middle school and high school and even got excepted into a really good college. I also met ul with my cousin Jessica and became BFF's with a girl named Izzy. She was first real friend I made when I moved. Now I really feel like I have the perfect life.