005. they're your feelings.

Seungcheol kept thinking about what Jeonghan said about him liking Joshua. Of course he knew, but hearing the actual words come out of Jeonghan's mouth... It stung. He didn't like it but he wants to be happy and fine with the way Jeonghan feels. So he's trying his very best.

He's already told Junhui that they were both right about Jeonghan's crush on Joshua. Seungcheol feels bad he's told his best friend's secret, but then Junhui replies with, "I know, he told me." And suddenly, he feels a little better.

For the rest of the night, Seungcheol scrolls down Instagram. He's slouches on his bed, back pressing against his pillows and his head is up against the wall. Because he doesn't like having things so quiet, he's playing his favorite playlist consisting of Jeremih songs. Between his legs is a body pillow from Jeonghan. The lights he placed a few months ago are shining bright in his fairly large room.

After scrolling down many food posts, he stops to think. Half the stuff in his room is from Jeonghan and all Seungcheol has given him is food, hair ties, hugs, and unconditional love. Easily that could be replaced by a lover. He sighs and goes back to scrolling.

It's half past midnight when his phone goes off. The current post Seungcheol's on becomes the screen that shows someone is calling. Without checking the name, he knows its Jeonghan because of the ringtone he set for the younger (Jeremih's Oui because he swears that song is a blessing).

"Hi, Cheollie~" Jeonghan coos and Seungcheol can't help but smile at the tone of his voice. He knows Jeonghan's going to ask for a favor but he really likes when Jeonghan says 'Cheollie' in a whiny tone. There's no specific reason; he just does. "Something you need?" Seungcheol tries his best to hide the happiness in his voice.

"I can't say 'hi' to my best friend?" gasps Jeonghan and the elder lets out a chuckle.

"You'd usually be dead asleep right now."

Jeonghan inhales deeply as he leans his head off the bed, back pressed onto his mattress. "I wanna come over,"

"Late, Hannie" Seungcheol mumbles back. "I'll come by first thing tomorrow morning."

Jeonghan starts to whine, sticking out his bottom lip. "But I don't want to sleep alone tonight..."

"You're nearly a grown man, Jeonghan."

"Hey, nearly-grown-men needs some love too, ya know."

Seungcheol smirks as he repositions himself on his bed. "Why don't you ask Joshua?"

The elder knows his best friend is bright red now. How? He just does. "Seungcheol! You're such a jerk."

"Says the one that kept taking my rice today without asking,"

"Sharing is caring, Cheol." They both laugh and Seungcheol yawns. Jeonghan does, too and he forgets that he had asked Seungcheol if he could go over. "I'm gonna sleep now, bye Cheollie!" Seungcheol responds back with a 'bye' and 'love you' and before Jeonghan hangs up, he says it back.

When the call ends, Seungcheol doesn't go straight to sleep. Instead, he Googles,

"how to know if you like your best friend"

Because after about ten years, he thinks he's finally catching feelings for his best friend.

----
current mood: the "its wednesday my dudes" guy shrieking