Episode 48

Thelma Turtle liked to cook things with ingredients that made sounds when they were prepared. She especially loved breaking sticks of raw spaghetti into pieces, before putting them into the water, because of the cracking sound it makes. So she was delighted to turn on the TV and find a program about Cracking cooking tips from John Wayne! Apparently John Wayne had been the same. He'd loved to have popcorn popping while breaking spaghetti sticks, to be followed by shelling peas from their pods. Thelma looked forward to buying some fresh, unshelled peas, to try this herself!

She was so excited that she began tiptoeing around the kitchen, and then tiptoed over to the sitting room, humming along to Simon and Garfunkel and stealing kisses made of chocolate from Garfunkel's jacket while she hummed to both of them, while they quietly sat on the sofa. Simon and Garfunkel were her next door neighbors, and they were always dropping in unannounced, and watching her TV, because theirs was broken.

Art had claimed that the kisses in his jacket were milk chocolate kisses, from milk he'd gotten himself from the cows he'd inherited from his grandmother. Paul was sulking about something, saying that milk from other animals would probably make better chocolate.

Thelma brought out crayons and paper so they could draw things. An idea came to her, and she said, "Let's set up a shop that sells nothing but noisy food!" She handed several sheets of paper to Paul and said, "Draw up menus, nothing fancy, but it will give you a good idea of what to shop for, when you go to the food wholesaler." Paul was reluctant at first, but then realized what he could do. "Let's sell crunchy milk chocolate, made with the milk from all different kinds of animals, except cows!"

Art got angry, but decided that he could get away with using milk from his cows, but tell Paul that it came from other animals. He'd never know the difference! Art and Paul smiled slyly at each other, as they all put on their coats, to walk downtown to buy supplies.