I wonder what th---

Levi flinched as the toasted treats popped up, cutting off her gaze. She placed them on a paper plate and got the essentials for her beloved waffles. Practically drowning the Egos in syrup like she did every day, Levi began cutting off pieces and eating them. She continued her staring at the backpack as if it was putting her into a trance.

Levi wondered was the group was doing right at the moment. She hadn't heard a word from any of them. Though one reason being she didn't even have their phone numbers (except Scott who had given it to her on their walk back to the group, after getting her sister to change back; yet he never texted her after she did to check if it was his number).

But Lev knew for sure that the fellow high schoolers knew where she lived. Why didn't they come by to check on us? Levi you idiot they're probably giving you guys space. She began wondering if they just continued on with their not so normal lives, going back to school. Or maybe they were fighting off some evil supernatural villain?

Supernatural.

She still couldn't wrap her head around the concept of werewolves and others being real. Her best friend was murdered by a teacher she had talked to once before (Levi's English teacher needed some papers from her and she gladly went down to get them from Ms. Blake) — this completely horrified her. She had talked to the woman who had killed her best friend. And to top it off, her sister was stuck inside the body of a coyote for eight years and yet somehow, she transformed back to her human self with just the roar of the sweet teen Alpha, Scott McCall.

How did Malia even manage to turn into a coyote in the first place?

She thought for a moment, cutting off another piece of the waffle and stuffing it into her mouth. Would going to school make me a bad sister? She had spent a whole weekend with her sister, surely Mal understand. Plus she had school work to catch up on, and with her having a bad case of procrastination, Levi knew it was best if she kept the missed school days to a minimum.

So, Lev put threw away her paper plate, put her fork in the crowded sink – she reminded herself to do those when she got home – and trudged her way back into her bedroom. Pulling out a sheet of paper from the notebook on her desk, Levi scribbled a short note for her family:

Left for school. Can't miss too many days and I want you two to have some time together, text me when you read this.

Love, Levi.

She quickly grabbed folded the note, then took it and her charged phone from the charging station she had set up years back back to the living room. Knowing that the first place her dad would go when he woke up, Levi left the note next to the coffee machine, propped in between the handle.

Quickly grabbing her phone, she pulled up her messages that were between her and Scott:

THURSDAY

levi to unknown 8:54 pm
hii this is scott mccall right? boy that can have red eyes?

unknown to levi 8:56 pm
Uh, is this Levi??

levi to scotty mccally 8:56 pm
yes and I'm taking that you're scott!???

scotty mccally to levi 8:57 pm
Yep it's me haha

levi to scotty mccally 8:57 pm
oh wow im dumb i already asked if it was you...oops? but okay good great because this could've ended up being really awkward

scotty mccally to levi 8:59 pm
How are you guys doing?

levi to scotty mccally 8:59 pm
good, great actually i found out that my sister isn't a normal human being and neither are you and your friends!!!!