"THEY'RE COMING HOME!"

*✧ ·˚. – PROLOGUE

Eight years ago, Levi Tate was sitting on a sofa in the living room watching re-runs of The Cheetah Girls movie on Disney

Eight years ago, Levi Tate was sitting on a sofa in the living room watching re-runs of The Cheetah Girls movie on Disney. Her father, Henry Tate, was sitting at the kitchen table trying to write out checks, drinking his mug of microwave-warmed coffee.

About two hours ago Levi's older and younger sister left the house with their mother to get a few groceries in town. Levi and her father knew it had been awhile but since the family lived in the outermost part of Beacon Hills, near the woods, it took some time to go to town  and come back. So they didn't think much of it.

Seven year old Levi quite literally fell off of the sofa as her favorite Cheetah Girls song blared through the speakers.

"Cause we are sisters!" She tried copying the girls moves, but got off track and just started spinning and jumping around. Her blue tutu bounced around with her (it was actually her mom's) jewelry. And, her light up sneakers the thumped against the wooden flooring as she sang, "We stand together!"

"We make each other strong and that...dada do dada do!" Levi sang along, forgetting some of the lyrics.

Mr. Tate peered over at the young brunette, snickering at her. His middle daughter was a crazy one. She enjoyed dancing and singing (which was mostly her just screaming lyrics). Levi always wanted to cook with her mom and when she turned seven on May 4th, she was finally able to cook. And, not surprisingly, she ended up burning almost everything.

Levi wasn't allowed to cook for awhile, but that didn't stop her from wanting to try again. She begged and begged and her mom finally promised to teach her some good cooking tips right before she left for the store that night and that she could help her with dinner.

Levi's dad told her it was getting late, and seeing as the girls had school the next day, so he was just going about to make a pot of Mac & Cheese. But his daughter kept insisting on waiting because she wanted to cook with her mom.

"We make up one big family da we don't look the same!" Her voice made weird, funny noises as she jumped up and down.

A knock on the door got Levi excited and made her dance more because it mean't her mom and sisters were home, which meant she was going to get to cook.

Mr. Tate pushed himself up from his chair and passed by Levi who was too in the zone of being excited and dancing. He unlocked the door, getting ready to great his wife when instead of seeing his wife and kids at the door, he saw the Sheriff of Beacon County.

"Sheriff? Is there anything I can do for you?" Henry asked him, pushing open the screen door. Sheriff Stilinski sighed, not wanting to tell the man why he had come.

As Sheriff was about to speak, Mr. Tate heard Levi scream, "WE'RE CHEETAH GIRLS CHEETAH SISTERS!" which startled both men.

"I'm sorry." Henry apologized before looking at his daughter. "Levi...LEVI," The small brunette turned around to see her dad looking unimpressed. "Turn it down, and use inside voice please, Mr. Sheriff is here."

Levi furrowed her brows, confused by what he meant but realized he meant a cop was at the home, "Why?" But she turned down the music but continued mumbling to the song, not even remembering to listen to her dad's response to her question.

"Sorry about my daughter," He smiled looking back at Stilinski. "So what were you saying?"

"I think we should talk outside, it's urgent." Sheriff said, licking his lips. Mr. Tate was worried and confused, but stepped outside.

Inside, Levi looked away from the TV and walked to the window to watch the two men talking. She saw the cop say something then look down. Then her father stood still for a moment before crashing down to the ground like his world was crushed. He let out something like a cry into his hands that covered his face.

This worried Levi.

She had never seen her father do such a thing. Her father was mostly tough. She had only ever seen him cry after the passing of her grandparents. That was until now.

Levi stepped outside to hurry towards her dad and Stilinski.

"What's wrong with my daddy Mr. Sheriff?" Her blue eyes gazed up at the cop, her face and voice filled with worry.

"They're dead." She heard her father mumble into his hands as he sobbed.

Sheriff Stilinski bit his cheek, crouching down to meet the little girls height. "I don't think it's my place to explain it to you, but know that they are in a better place now."

Levi's curiosity suddenly kicked in, "Who's them? Where's my mommy? Where's Lia and Soph?"

She looked back and forth at Stilinski and her dad, who was still sobbing. Her heart was racing and started getting panicky. Something was definitely wrong.

"They're gone, Lev." Henry said, looking up at his daughter.

Levi didn't understand. What did he mean they're gone? She shook her head not listening. "They are coming home with food, and I'm going to cook with mommy!" She smiled, sitting in her dad's lap and laid her head on his shoulder.

And in that moment Sheriff's heart dropped.

Henry let out a weep, kissing his daughters head and held her tightly.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
wow i'm emotional?? this was longer than expected but i wanted to make sure this was good and kinda sad. hopefully i accomplished at least one of those!

also the little girl in the gif was the closes to a mini natalia and it took a shit long time to find someone that matched her. blessed i found her bc she's adorable :')

first chapter will be up soon!