"How does fifty thousand dollars for the week sound? I know I'm asking the impossible but I'd really like to offer Slone some time off. Will you please just take my offer and make sure that she isn't booked for the next week?" There was stuttering, mumbling and rustling of papers on the other end of the phone and I laughed slightly at her shock.

"Are you sure? That's so much money. You're not going to hurt her or anything if she takes this money, right?" I was taken aback by her question and actually a bit offended. I cared for her. I’d never hurt Slone, but I understood why she would ask that. She didn’t know me or know anything about me.

"I'd never hurt her, ever!" I half growled and she apologized.

"Slone is my best friend and I'd never want her to be hurt because of what she does. She's just never had any kind of offer like this before and before I accept, I just want to make sure her having the week off is the only stipulation in taking the money?" I'd have to hug this woman when I finally met her. She obviously cared for Larissa very much and it made me glad to know she had one person who was actual "family" to her.

"I promise and all I'm asking in return is that she has the week off and relaxes. Maybe shop, buy something nice but mostly relax. I'm sure it's been a while since she had a vacation and how about I throw in another ten thousand for you as well? You can both take the week off. She is lucky to have someone as caring as you in her life." The stuttering and loss of words started again and I spoke before she did.

"Sixty thousand dollars would raise some flags through both our banks, so how about I meet you somewhere and drop the cash off. Is that alright?" Before I could say anything more, she said yes.

"I'll give you my address and see you later today. I'll be here all day so any time is fine. Thank you very much. You are a generous man." I could hear the genuine shock and thanks in this woman's voice and I knew that she was a great person to have on your side.

We traded some information and we hung up the phone. I didn't want Larissa to want for anything and I knew as soon as she was told I'd "bought" her for the week, she'd be beyond pissed. I had to do it before she could tell Liz not to come and accept my money. She was a proud woman and it was clear she’d worked for everything she had. Giving her money would seem like charity to Slone and it definitely wasn’t charity. I needed to get a move on things before Larissa caught wind of any of this, so I showered, got dressed and headed out to the bank.

When I went inside and asked to withdrawal sixty thousand dollars, they were anxious and excited. I was offered several ways out. I was even asked if I was in some kind of trouble and needed the police discreetly notified. I just told them I was buying a new house and this was my down payment. That seemed to stop all questions. I hated coming to places like this. I hated that people treated me differently because I had money.

About an hour later, I was finally on my way to the address Liz had given me. The address was on the other side of town, the bad part of town. I expected run down but the building I stopped in front of was awful. I was suddenly glad that almost no one could hurt me and I was carrying a gun or I'd have been very skeptical to get out of my car here. I walked up the four flights of stairs and looked for apartment four D. I saw it at the end of the hall and just as I was about to knock, the door swung open. Liz was a pretty woman. She wasn’t my kind of woman and after seeing Slone, I don’t think anyone could ever compare to her but Liz was pretty in her own right. Her blonde hair complemented her dark brown eyes.

"I'm glad you found it ok. I was hoping you would get here before Slone came home." Liz said in a huff and I was shocked that almost three hours after Slone had left, she still wasn't home. She was in such a hurry to get home earlier and she still wasn't here? Where in the hell was she then?