☾nine ☾

"THE bones in his right-half of his body is shattered." Carlisle said as he examined his daughter's mate.

"Bailey." He whispered in pain.

"Jake. I'm right here." Bailey squeezed Jacob's hands to reassure him she was never going to leave his sight. "Hang in there Jake."

Her heart felt like it was breaking. She didn't know how to react to what was happening. She felt responsible to what happened to Jacob. If she did not want to hurt Edward's feeling and have said the truth about her feelings toward Jacob, none of these things would be happening right now. Her Jacob would not have been hurt.

As pack members carried him back to Billy, Bailey's heart ached. She couldn't go with him because she had to be by her family's side when the Volturi came. She had to be there for them. And mostly because the Volturi would question her absence if she left and cause more problems to arise from it. The last thing she needed was the Volturi to be her enemy right now.

After waiting for about 10 minutes, the Black Coats came but Bailey was not thinking about them. She wanted to run to Billy's house and be by Jacob's side, to comfort his pain and be there for him.

 She wanted to run to Billy's house and be by Jacob's side, to comfort his pain and be there for him

Jane was the first one to speak, "Impressive. I've never seen a coven escape an assault of this magnitude intact."

"We were lucky." Carlisle explained.

"I doubt that." Jane smiled wickedly eyeing Bailey. "Of course you had some help, right Bailey?"

Bailey did not answer but simply stayed quiet. How did they know she was with Jacob? Her relationship was kept in the down low, but of course, the Volturi had eyes everywhere and they had to find out eventually.

Unfortunately, Bailey's unspoken words gave Jane the answer she needed. "So it is true. Just to be clear, the Volturi does not accept the union of a shapeshifter and a vampire. Keep that in mind. Caius will be interested to know that the rumors are indeed true."

The Volturi left after burning Bree Tanner, one of the innocent newborns in a fire, leaving the Cullens devastated at witnessing her death and leaving Bailey with her troubled thoughts. Jacob was already hurt right now because of her and she did not know what the Volturi was going to do with him.

As soon as the Volturi was out of sight, Bailey immediately rushed to Billy's house to find the pack members infront of his doorsteps. What she found unbearable was Jacob's loud screams that were heard over and over again. Bailey wanted so badly to step into the house and be by Jacob's side but the pack stopped her.

"You can't go in there Bailey. He's in too much pain already. He most likely doesn't want his imprint to see him like this." What Paul said was true. Jacob didn't need to see her like this. She wouldn't be able to control herself if she came in to see her mate in pain.