☾seven ☾

BAILEY roamed around the forest all night, thinking about what she has become. How she has turned from a regular girl into a disastrous roller coaster with many different feelings all at once. How did she end up here?

She still could not understand how a shapeshifter like him was able to imprint on a vampire like her. It was basically against the rule of all rules. What's going to happen when Jake grows old and she still look like the 16 year old she always will look like? What happens when Jacob dies and she becomes left alone, mateless? We'll cross that bridge when it comes to it, she thought. Right now, Bella is what matter.

The little Cullen did not realize what time it was when she saw the sunrise. That was one perk of being a vampire, getting to see the sunrise everything morning and stargaze all night because apparently they have all the time in the world. That was something Bailey still could not compensate. The thought of living forever. Even the eternity has its end someday. Eventually, everything has to end. Everything is temporary, including immortality.

Her deep thoughts her interrupted by a rustling noise. The scent was strong and alluring to her nose. She was drawn to it and immediately knew who it is. She ran the other direction to avoid him. To avoid the boy who broke her heart.

"Bailey!" He shouted from a near distance.

She continued to run but he was faster.

"Bailey! I just want to talk."

"I know you have to reason to forgive me but please. I promise I will make it up to you. I swear. I'll be a better imprint." Jacob pleaded as Bailey glared at the last word.

"Or mate. Whatever you like. I'll be anything for you." He came closer. "We're going to a party tonight."

"What party?" Bailey finally gave in, unable to reject her imprint.

"You sure this is okay? I really hate being a party crasher." Bailey looked around her and all eyes her on her. This was exactly why she was wary to go. Being the only vampire on a Quillete land made her nervous. If she had a beating heart, it would be beating a thousand miles an hour by now.

"You're okay. I thought... I mean, they thought it would be good for you to hear the histories." Jacob saw how nervous she looked and decided to comfort her the best he could.

"The histories? The tribe's histories? Aren't they secret?" Bailey pursed her lips realizing how unusual this was.

"We all got a role to play. And you're a part of this. I mean, it's the first time Seth, Leah and Quil are hearing them, too. But you are one of us now Bailey. You are one of the imprintees." Jacob did not realize how good it felt to express his feelings. He never felt this way before. Not even with Bella.

"Jake." Seth called out to Jacob. "Bailey, this is Seth Clearwater, Leah's brother. Newest member of the pack." Jacob began introducing them.

"Newest, bestest, brightest." Seth looked like he could not hurt a fly. Bailey immediately felt a sense of comfort.

"And slowest." Jacob laughed.

" Come on. Your dad's about to start." Seth called out.

Jacob and Bailey sat in the circle near everyone in the roaring fire as Jacob's father, Billy began the story.

"One day our warriors came across a creature. It looked like a man, but it was hard like stone, and cold as ice." Billy expressed making Bailey feel uncomfortable by the minute. She knew exactly who he was referring to and she did not like it one bit. Jacob gave her arms a soft squeeze, knowing how she must be feeling.  She focused on the story again, still curious.

"Our warriors' sharp teeth, finally tore it apart. But only fire would completely destroy it." Bailey cringed at the thought of a shapeshifter murdering one of her own.

"They lived in fear, the Cold Man was not alone. And they were right. Over time, our enemies have disappeared. But one remains. The Cold Ones. Our magic awakens when they near. And we sense it now, we feel the threat in our blood. Something terrible is coming. And we must all be ready. All of us." Jacob gave a concern glance at Bailey who was by now, petrified. He wrapped his arms around her shoulder, making her feel at ease.

Bailey was about to go home when Billy called her. "Bailey right?" He rolled his wheelchair over to her. "Do you have a minute?"

"Yes. It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Black. I really enjoyed the stories." she said

"Please call me Billy." They walked into Jacob's house continuing their conversation. "I can't believe it. When the elders said it, I never thought it was going to happen. You are her. Jacob's great grandfather's imprint."

"What do you mean?" Bailey was suddenly lost to Billy's words.

"Darius Black. He was Jacob's great-grandfather. He was born at the same time you were but I guess, when you were turned you immediately left to Europe, making it impossible for the two of you to meet. But you were already marked so now that you are back in Forks, the imprint was passed down to Jacob."

"What?" She said, completely flabbergasted.

It all made sense now. She was supposed to be sent to an all girls boarding school in Forks before the Influenza hit. What if she was never turned into a vampire? She would have never met Jacob.

"Ready to go home?" Jacob smiled looking at how his imprint and dad was already bonding.

"Yes." She smiled back. "Thank you for inviting me tonight Mr. Black."

Jacob drove her back into the Cullen's house. The drive seemed too fast but there she was, back at the Cullen's household.

"Thank you for tonight Jacob. I really enjoyed it." She tiptoed, giving Jacob a peck on his cheeks.

Jacob reacted fast and pulled her back, kissing her on the lips. His warm, tender lips meets with her cold, icy lips. And his problems were suddenly all gone, replaced with a cool sensation that he never wanted to end but unfortunately had to in order to breathe.

And in that moment, Bailey was only sure of one thing. She was falling hard and fast for Jacob Black.

A/N: HEY GUYSS!! I'M SUCH A BAD PERSON

A/N: HEY GUYSS!! I'M SUCH A BAD PERSON. I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER AND I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS BOOK REACHED 1K VOTES!! THANK YOU FOR NOT GIVING UP ON MEE AND IM SOO SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATES. I HAVE BEEN VERY BUSY WITH SCHOOL AND I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE CHAPTER!