38

Juliet's POV

I sat on a stool in the corner of the room with Hugh, Fiona, and baby Enoch, while Maurice looked through a big dusty book.

"Do you guys know what time it is?" I asked them.

"We have about an hour." Hugh replied.

"I really hope this works." Fiona sighed.

"I'm sure it will. Maurice can fix anything." Hugh said, putting an arm around her.

"Well, children, I think I found something." Maurice said, setting the book down.

"That's fantastic!" I smiled.

"But there's something..." She trailed off.

"It doesn't matter. We'll take it." Hugh said standing up.

"But—"

"Please, Maurice. We need this." Fiona said. Maurice sighed and walked to her shelves.

She grabbed some bottles of colored liquid, some herbs, and a mortar and pestle.

She ground some leaves and added it to a pot in the center of the room, and she added the liquids in the bottles. She grabbed some petals of flowers growing from the ceiling.

"Finally. Hope." I smiled.

A few minutes later, Maurice came up to us with a bottle of light pink liquid.

"Thank you." Hugh said.

"Children, there's something I need to tell you." She said.

"Yes?" I asked.

"There are some side effects. I can tell Enoch has been exposed to time outside this loop. If he takes this, he will age to the time period he was recently exposed to."

"That means 2017." Fiona said.

"Precisely."

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"If he drinks this, Enoch will die."

***
Dun dun dun...
Oooo....
CLIFFHANGER
Pls vote
-Cali
***