Chapter II One Year Ago

Posted February 25, 2017

Edited June 25, 2017

Mikayla parks her car in front of the school and steps out.  She goes to grab her bag but, is pulled into a kiss.  The guy has black hair that is buzzed cut.  He is wearing his Letterman jacket over a white t-shirt and black jeans.  A small group consisting of the football team and cheerleaders have gathered behind them.  They smile at each other.  "Hey Josh" Mikayla says smiling.  Josh smiles back and says, "Hey you.  Let me take that for you."  Josh grabs her backpack and sports bag.  They take each others hands and walk into school talking and laughing.  The small group is close behind them.

Josh says, "So after our win tonight, we are gonna go celebrate at my place."  "We haven't even won yet and your already planning" replies Mikayla.  Josh responds cockedly. "Yeah, so?  We are gonna win."  "Lets hope so other wise you won't be able to show your face here again" says Mikayla.  The bell rings.  They kiss and go their separate ways.  Mikayla heads to english while Josh heads to biology.  Time fly's by and before Mikayla knows it, the final bell is ringing, she grabs her things and heads to the girls locker room.  She changes into her cheerleader outfit and heads to the gym and start to warm up.  The cheerleaders run through the different routines a couple times then head to the field to cheer on the team.  The game starts shortly after that with the rival team kicking the ball off.  The teams take turns scoring on each other. 

Its now 4th quarter with three minutes left and we have the ball.  The score is 35-34.  We are currently loosing because the kicker missed the extra point.  Josh is trying to run down the clock as mush as he can while going for a touch down.  There's 90 seconds left in the game.  It is fourth down and 14.  Josh starts the play.  He avoids getting sacked while waiting for someone down field to get open.  He sees someone get open and throws it.  Everyone holds their breath.  The guy catches the ball and starts running.  Everyone is cheering.  Instead of going out of bounds at the ten yard line he tries to get a few more yards and looses the ball.  The other team recovers it and ends up making a 40 yard field goal.

We get the ball back with five seconds left, only enough time for one play.  Josh starts the last play.  He runs around trying to find someone open and sees a hole.  He starts to run.  His team mates see him and start blocking for him.  Five yards left with no more back up, he sees movement to his left.  He stops and does a spin.  The defender runs right past him and Josh leaps into the end zone scoring the winning touchdown.  The crowd explodes in cheers.  The whole team rushes the field and puts him on their shoulders.  They walk him over to MIkayla and put him down.

Josh smirks and says, "Now, how bout that party?"  Mikayla just laughs and says, "Lets go then Josh."  Josh smiles, picks up Mikayla, and spins her around.  He gives her another and then shouts, "Victory party at my place!"  Everyone cheers and makes their way to Josh's house.  Too bad that I was going to have to change my plans shortly whether I wanted to or not.

If you guys have any suggestions let me know in the comments.  Let me know what you thought.  I know the direction that the story is going but, I am open any suggestions.