Beach Day

Was it over?

I kept thinking as I messed with the ring on my finger.

I took it off and on for while trying to decide what I should do.

I kept it on knowing if I ever saw Grayson around he would see it wasn't there.

I decided not to mope around all day so I went to the beach.

The beach always made me happy.

I looked super cute and very trendy.

"Let's go!" I said as I ran to my convertible with all my beach supplies and keys

As I started to pack up my trunk I looked at my ring and took it off so I wouldn't lose it.

I set in my coin purse.

"Hey." Jay said as he leaned his arm on my car.

"God! Jay don't scare me like that!" I said as I put my hand on my chest.

"Sorry...so uh beach day?" He said a he crossed his arms but still leaning on the car.

"Yeah it always makes me happy when I'm sad."

He faced me and pulled me to face him as well.

"Why are you sad? (Y/n) can't be said. She's-she's invincible." He said with a smirk.

"Well I don't know what (y/n) your talking about but this (y/n) is vincible" I said as I packed my umbrella in the back seat.

"Well I'm going with!" He said as he snapped his fingers.

I turned to him, crossed my arms and said "and why would you do that?"

He licked his lips and looked at my hand seeing their wasn't a ring on it "because if I'm gonna win you over I have to spend time with you now don't I?" He said as he banged the top of my car and jumped in the passengers seat.

"Well I guess I can't change your mind." I said and started up the car and drove.

This sunny day was perfect to put the top of my convertible down.

The sun in my face the crazy wind and the smell of salt water was the best feeling of LA.

Jay put on my favorite song and started to sing and dance loudly.

"Jay what are you doing!" I said laughing.

"I'm dancing!" He said rocking the whole car.

"Well you look like an idiot." I laughed again

"At least I'm having fun! You should try it sometime."

I started to tap the wheel and then I ended up going on full dance mode singing songs with Jay and dancing with him.

"See now your getting it!!" He said.

We both were laughing.

We finally got to the beach.

"I'll race you!" Jay said as he ran down to the beach.

"Hey no fair you got a head start!" I said running towards him.

Jay made me feel like a kid again.

He was this goofy guy that made my day even more enjoyable.

I almost forgot about Grayson

almost.

It was getting hot really hot.

"Jay let's go get some ice cream for that truck!" I pointed my finger to this big ice cream truck.

We both walked over holding each other hands subconsciously and laughing at Jays quirky jokes.

"(Y/n)?" Me and Jay both stopped laughing and looked at the man who called me

"Ethan? Hey! What's up?"

"Oh nothing just getting ice cream with Grayson"

"Did you say Grayson?" I said rubbing you arm.

Just then Grayson ran over to Ethan "dude they have  the Spongebob Ice Cream!-"

Grayson saw me then he saw jay standing next to me.

I hurried up and let go of Jays hand.

I could see him clench his jaw trying to keep his cool.

"Hey (y/n)...Jay."

"Hey man!" Jay said as he ran his fingers through his wet hair. "What's up?"

"Nothing." Grayson said sternly.

"Well okay then...if you'll excuse me I'm gonna get some is some ice cream." Jay walked up to the truck.

"(Y/n) what is he doing here?" Grayson said

"Oh he came with me...to the beach. It was a nice day and he wanted to tag along."

"Why?" He said as he crossed his arms.

"Why does it matter! We are just hanging out!" I yelled.

"I'm gonna go help Jay with that ice cream..." Ethan said running to get out of the fight.

"No (y/n) it does matter! I thought you just needed some time to think not to date other guys!"

He looked at my hand seeing no ring.

I covered my hand when I saw him look at it.

"I didn't want to lose it it's in my purse." I pointed to my purse laying on the beach.

"Here's the ice cream." Jay said walking up to us

"I'm gonna go." Grayson said as he walked away.

"Grayson please don't go." I said to him as I grabbed his hand but he ignored it.

"Um-did I miss something?"

"No" I said shaking my head as the grabbed my ice cream from his hand. "It's fine" I put on a fake smile.

I wasn't fine but I didn't want to ruin our day.

I missed Grayson but Jay kept my mind off of him all day.

I didn't know my feelings towards Jay but I knew him for longer then Grayson.

But I love Grayson and I feel like by not keeping my ring on I just ruined my relationship with him.

Did I?

Hope you are enjoying!! ❤️😊