Chapter 7. Running Isabella

Isabella's POV

I plopped down on my bed. Finally, I was home.. Hugging my pillow tightly, I sighed into it. I really am kind of like the third wheel, aren't I?

Glancing at my phone, I had a huge urge to text Grace. Ahh, screw it! I grabbed my phone and texted her a quick, "Hey."

She immediately responded. "Oh hey, sorry about today, I guess everything is a little crazy. Anyways, I'm hanging out with Christian right now, so I'll talk to you after, I promise."

I sigh. Of course she's hanging out with her boyfriend. I'd appreciate it if she talked to me more.. It feels like she lost interest in me and is moving on. Am I just a toy, where she gets bored of me, and gets a new improved one? In this case, the new and improved one is Christian.

In frustration, I tossed my phone on my bed and screamed in my pillow. UUUUughh!

Standing up, abruptly, get out of my bed and changed into exercising wear. I walked downstairs and to the shoes stand. But first I've got to get my headphones. Searching around, I find it, and walk back to the shoes stand. Putting on my sneakers, I stepped outside and started jogging. I plugged my headphones into my phone and put on some music.

Circling around the neighborhood, I jogged in a steady pace. As I hummed to the music, my phone rang. Startled, I trip and catch myself. Phew! I took my phone out of my pocket and answered, frantically. "Hello?" I asked, as I heaved a breath.

"Hey, Baby Doll." A familiar voice came, from the other line. I face palmed. I'm an IDIOT! I forgot to check the number.. I scrunched my nose up. Ugh. Axel laughed. "Does it bug you that much, that you have to make that face?"

My head shot up. I looked around, and spotted Axel in a car, and smirking at me.

As shock and embarrassment spreads across my face, I ran for it. I ended the call immediately. Sprinting towards my house, before I made it to the street, it struck me.

If I ran into my house, wouldn't he know where I live? "Hey." He greeted, his car right in front of me. I looked around, and climbed up the hill, on the other side of my house.

Axel smirked. "Oh, so you're planning on staying up there, so I can't get you?" Axel laughed.

My face flushed red. "Oh shut up, what are you going to do, if I actually do follow your idea?" I snapped. Axel grinned at me mischievously and closed his car engines. He opened his door and stepped out. My eyes widening, I stare at him, looking for his next move.

This is like "Tag". If I bolt, he'll rush back into his car, and follow me. If I stay, he'll come closer. He should be pretty athletic, so I don't know how well he can chase me.

I'll take my chances, then. I stayed put.

Axel stared at me in surprise. "All right, so you'll play it like that, huh?" He asked. Chuckling, he closed his car door and walked towards me, slowly. Inching back in caution, I looked at how far away he was from his car.

As he edged forward, my brain thought, "NOW." I bolted for it, and ran to the other street. I kept running. Do not look back, do not look back, do not look back!

Being the really responsible teenager I am, I looked back. He was close to me.

Stiffening, I ran even faster. "Get AWAY!" I screamed. I heard the footsteps stop. Looking back again, he was there, standing, in disbelief. "I meant it as a joke, but if it's really that bothersome, I'll stop.." He said, sadness glinting in his eyes.

I stared at him. A stab of guild comes across to me, and I look away. "I'm sorry.." I apologized. He smiled a bit, and immediately, I was sprung across his shoulder. "Hahah, you really are soft, aren't you?" He laughed. I smacked his back, in the position I was in. "You jerk! I hate you so much!" I teased. Axel stopped.

"Really?" He said, in an extremely serious voice. I laughed nervously."I-it was a joke.. I don't hate you.." I mumbled.

He set me back down. We made contact, and he stared at me, with a serious expression. Starting to quiver, right before I broke down and started apologizing, he laughed, and Axel ruffled my hair. "I know you don't." He whispered.

"But thanks." Axel said, as he smirked. He showed his phone, and I noticed that all of that, he recorded. My face flushed in anger. "Are you SERIOUS?! Delete that!" I screeched. He held the phone in his right hand, and held it up, like I was a kid. Of course, he's taller than me, so I stopped.

I pouted. "Rude." I grumbled. I felt something on my cheek, and I looked from the corner of my eye.

Axel kissed my cheek. Eyes wide, I pushed him back, instinctively, and wiped my cheek. Without saying another word, I bolted for my house. I slammed the door and my sister looked at me. "Oh hey, Bella. Why do you look so frustrated?" My sister, Harper, asked. I widened my eyes.

"HARPER?' I exclaimed, throwing my arms around her. "You're visiting?" I squealed. Harper is my older sister. I'm a 16 year old, in my Sophomore year. Harper is my 26 year old sister, and I barely see her. She had moved to France, to pursue her job.

She pushed me away. "Ew. You're sweaty, and smelly. Go take a shower, and come back when you're done," She ordered. "Harper has some souvenirs!"

I smiled.

"Okay."

~€~€~€~€~€~€~€~

Okayyy! It's CookieFoodz, and I love this book so much. I keep updating, but Des needs to update too. I haven't really discussed this idea with everyone, but I figured they deserved to be surprised, too. Also, it'll mostly be in Isabella's POV, because she's the MAIN character, I would say. ^^

                             -CookieFoodz 🍪

                                                         (Word Count, 1031 Words)