Chapter 6. Axel

Isabella's POV

It's Monday... I sigh and walk to English class. I notice Grace talking to Christian in class. I smile. Couple goals! They were just swooning over each other and flirting and stuff like that. I shrugged it off and plopped down next to Grace. "Hey Grace!" I greet, She just ignored me, though.

Is this where I'm the third wheel?!

I sigh and focus on the teacher. Christian turned his head towards me and smiled. At least some one notices me! I smiled back and turned all my focus on the teacher again. Then, Christian made some coughing noise before turning back around.

Writing notes, I noticed that Grace had stopped talking to Christian. Finally, some peace and quiet! I wonder if I'm being forgotten.. Because usually, it'd be us talking...

I stared at my notes. I frowned. It's just a bunch of scribbles.. Sighing, my head drops to the desk silently. I steal another glance at them, and Christian and Grace are swooning again. I mean, I'm happy for her, but them flirting and talking to each other is leaving me in the dust. Groaning, I cover my face with my jacket.

"Isabella! Pay more attention!" The teacher hissed. Other people started laughing and taunting me, as Grace didn't even notice. Wow. I buried my face into my jacket once the teacher turned back around. Can this class end?

Can I go home?

Finally class ended. "Hey Grace!" I waved, as we walked out the door. She turned her head towards me. "Yeah?" She asked. "Uh.. You okay? You haven't responded to me all day, except for just now.." I asked. She blinked. "Really? That's strange.. I'm fine.." I nodded my head.

Immediately, her attention was put back on Christian. I sighed and shook my head. She's really changing. She's moving on, leaving me here.

As I closed my locker, my back was immediately pushed back to it, and I stared directly at Axel Parker. The one and only. He had pinned me.. I groaned. "What do you want, Axel?" I mumbled. He put his face closer. "Don't." I growled.

Taking one hand away, he played with my hair. "Why so moody, baby doll?" He asked, his voice a bit husky. "That's none of your business!" I snapped. He moved his face closer, to where our noses were barely touching. "Why's that?" Axel whispered into my ear.

I shivered. That's it. I glared at him, and abruptly kicked my knee up.

Axel promptly crumpled to the ground and groaned. "Seriously, baby doll, stop being so violent.." I kneeled down and smirked. "Why's that?" I mimicked. He groaned as I walked off. Serves him right! Stalking off, I caught a glimpse of familiar brown hair. I shook my head and walked to my next class.

As time passed by, it was finally lunch. As I was walking towards the cafeteria, I was walking past the storage room before a swift action came across me.

I plummeted into darkness and hit the ground. Hands pinned me down, including my knees. Darn it. I looked up, and saw a glint of familiar green eyes. "Baby doll, I'd appreciate it if you stop being so violent. I'm not all games, you know." A familiar voice growled.

I groaned. "Axel Parker, get off me!" I snarled. With a moment's hesitation, he finally let go of me. Brushing off dust, I stood up. So did he. Hearing footsteps, I instinctively stepped back. He obviously stepped closer and I felt arms wrap around me.

"Tell me, what's wrong?" Axel whispered, his voice serious.

Without my notice, a tear had escaped from my eye. Axel, noticing, he wiped it. Then, tears just kept flowing. Sniffling, I spoke. "It's just, I'm happy the Grace and Christian are basically together, but I can't help but feel alone, here.."

His hand brushed my cheek. "It's okay, if you ever need someone, I'm here." He muttered. I nodded and stepped towards the door. "Thanks for that. It was nice having someone to talk to." And with that, I walked out. Wiping my eyes once more, I walked to the cafeteria.

Thanks for reading this chapter, and sorry for a shorter one.. And the wait..

-CookieFoodz 🍪