The Dead End

I looked over the body. Nothing stood out. This seems more like a calling card than her usual work. Like she just wanted to scare us. The blue and white uniform was tattered with precision, and excellent knife handling skills. She surprised the maid and lured her to this spot by planting money. Fast, simple, efficient. That's how she works. She burned her name tag just to prove she had more than enough time. She's terrifying.

"What's your conclusion," asked Smith. "The crime is too simple. This seems more like she's flexing. Like she's proving that she's one step ahead. Seems she wants to scare us," I replied. "Like damn she will. This girls gone completely insane. We need to find her and fast," said Smith and I nodded. "I'm calling forensics, I also have a plan for you boys," said Johnson dialing his phone. "Perfect, you all go ahead, I'll be questioning everyone in this hotel. Even if it takes all nights," Smith said quickly before leaving the room. Phil and I followed Johnson and we drove to the station and following him down the hall.

"You guys can stay here while on this case. It's not much, but you have internet and at least the food around here is good," Johnson said as he opened the door to the make-shift bedroom they put together last minute. This looks like it use to be a storage room but now there's a bunk bed and a desk with files on it. A lamp, a mini fridge, a small microwave, toaster and a small dresser were the other things in the room aside from the window with black curtains by the desk that looked out onto street below. The glass looked to be tinted, at least no one can see in. Phil and I walked in and Johnson walked out, shutting the door behind him. "Should we look though the files again," I asked and Phil gave a sad sigh. "Dan I just want to go to bed if that's ok," Said Phil defeated. "Yeah I understand. Go to bed, I'll go to sleep here soon, I'll use my phone flashlight so you can sleep," I assured and he weakly smiled at me before crawling into the bottom bunk.

I sat at the desk and got to work, I guess I must have fallen asleep because the next sound I heard was my phone ringing. I looked at the time. 8:47, before answering it. "Hello," I said sleepily. "Good morning Daniel, I didn't mean to wake you." I froze. I knew that voice! How did she get my phone number?.... She continued, "I need you to come to the train station. Platform 16. Please hurry it leaves here shortly," she sighed.

"Its you, his granddaughter," I said standing up, rubbing my eyes, and I heard her chuckle. "Please call me (Y/n). I think we became close enough," she said sweetly. "What game are you playing," I asked. "Your cab is out front," she said before hanging up. I stood there for a brief moment listening to the dial tone. I walked to the window and sure enough a taxi was waiting for me. I looked back at Phil whom was still asleep.  Should I wake him... no she only wants me. Damn it. If I bring Phil she could kill someone or worse, him... "I have no choice," I whispered grabbing my coat and sneaked out of the police station. The few cops saw me,  I just told them I needed some air and they let me step outside. I got into the cab it it drove without me saying anything. I hope I made the right choice. I just looked out the window, till we got there. I got to the train station and right when I walked through the door I got another phone call. "Board the train on platform 16. Please sit in the back, I'll be sitting in your cart. You'll be able to see me from your seat. Don't come up to me," she explained. "Why," I asked as I paid for my ticket. "That's your prize silly. I'll explain when you get to your seat," she replied. "Fine," I said walking to the platform as Not many people ride that train this early, not only that, but not many would ride it in the first place, due to it being a one stop ride into the county. Pretty smart of her. I got on and found my seat. Sure enough, there she was. She has a distinguishable wax seal hair clip and her (h/c) hair, that confirmed it. It was her. My phone rang and I answered it.

"So the rules are simple. Answer the questions correctly and you win! They'll be four rounds with 3 questions each in various categories. I'll be playing as well so this gives you a chance for some information detective. However if you lie, cheat, raise your voice, or do anything to signal what happening to another passenger there will be consequences. If the train stops before the game is over then you loose and everyone on this train goes sky high. Don't worry though, if I sabotage or take too long answering a question then I loose the game. With me loosing I'll calmly cooperate with you and you may arrest me at the final stop," she explained. "What are my consequences," I asked trying to stay calm. "I'm glad you asked! So for every rule you break a passenger dies due to a remote control tiny explosive inbeded in the free metal bracelets for national train day. Elderly get yellow, adults get grey, teens get blue, and kids get red. Fun right," she said pleasantly and I gulped. "Don't worry we'll start with the older ones and work our way down," she continued. "Stop this," I yelled. "Na-Uh. No no no. I'll give you this freebie, but this is the only one you'll get. At least try to play by the rules," she sighed almost patronizing. "Fine," I said calmly. I could see the top of her head from where I was sitting. She said she can see me clearly. Meaning I can't call for help with out another corpse on my hands. She's also occupying my phone. Damn she's smart. "Perfect so let's begin, how about I start. The first category is family," she replied. "Agreed," I said trying not to sound nervous.