Mystery in london

The papers were gathered and Dan began to shuffle through them. There was a map of London with three highlighted shops, a paper filled with unfollowed leads, 5 witness testimonies, and a summery of what happened. "Should we start with the summery," smiled Phil. "Seems like a good place to start," said Dan looking over the page.

Case 42b
Women found dead from poisoning, but was hung, in potential suicide attempt.
Suspects:
Father, Older Brother & Lover
Reasoning:
All had a Motive and no Alibi
Strange items found:
A western beetle, a bottle of Ever Clear, letter of vague threat (included), clean pie tin, Stems of a flower. Empty vial under the flood boards along with a polished knife.

Letter of Vague Threat:
Dear Lorain;
I noticed that you didn't leave me money for your rent. We talked about this. If you've been buying shit, I swear to god. Just call me when you get this, since you've been avoiding me.
From;

The last line was ripped off. "This seems like an easy case. Why did you guys need our help," asked Dan rereading the letter. "Listen kid, Sherlock has a reason for what he did. We can't figure it out because there is something that wasn't written into the report," sighed one of the men. "What's that," asked Phil. "Seem like there are others at work then what we have on that suspect list. This is the same M.O. As 15 other copycat cases. All women are between 44 to 45. Also there is a calling card that Sherlock didn't have time to see," the other man explained. "And what would that be," asked Dan raising an eyebrow. "This," he replied tossing a picture to Dan.

Dan tenses up as he examined the photo. "This women was the only one that was different. She has a smiling face carved into her stomach," the man explained and Phil covered his mouth. Dan put the picture down feeling a little nauseous. He took a step back. "It's serial suicides. We believe they can all be connected," the man said quickly. "I have a bad feeling about us getting involved," said Phil.

The man's phone suddenly went off. "Seems we got another one. You boys feel like you're up to the task," they asked. Dan and Phil looked at each other before nodding. They all got in the car and they drove to the edge of London. There I was a small house, almost like a cottage. Seemed a little out of place.

(Dan's Pov)

We walked into the house and I instantly felt sick. The kind of sick that you get when running a marathon on a full stomach or from drinking milk on a hot day. The outside of the house looked like a fairytale, the inside however.... Was a nightmare. There was blood soaked into the carpet, and the smell was retched. Like hot iron, mixed with sweat. There was a girl on the floor. She looked so young. Why wasn't she at school? Why did she have to be here. Above her body was a women stabbed in the abdomen, knife still intact, hung for display by a rope around her neck.

"Same M.O. Except there's a young woman that got caught in the cross fire. What a shame," I overheard the guys say to the each other. What the hell are we getting into.

I saw Smith take pictures of the crime scene. Everything was documented and a team was ready to start collecting evidence. Johnson looked down at me and nudged toward the scene. "Well go on Sherlock," he said as he extended a pair of rubber gloves at me. "I changed my mind I can't. I'm sick to my stomach and I don't know what to look for," I panicked. "Just look around. Sherlock was always the first to look around," said Johnson. "Even if he wasn't supposed to be," said Smith under his breathe. "Come one Dan. I don't like it either, but maybe if we did it together it won't be as bad," said Phil trying to be brave even though it came of as nervous. I took a deep breath. Phil is scared out of him mind, but he still wants to help. The least I can do the same. "Ok let's do this," I sighed.

I slowly walked up to the corpse. I felt my shoes sink into the clotted layer of blood on the floor, and I jumped back. "Sorry," I yelled panicked. "It's fine, just get on with it," snapped Smith. I gulped. I've never been this close to a dead human body. Sure I've seen death before. In the form of run over squirrels and shot deer. I didn't know what I was looking for. I'm not a trained investor. The girl on the floor was sprawled our like a child's play thing. She was dressed in a mini pink dress with nothing on her feet. No accessories, hair everywhere, fingernails snapped in different places, and bruises on everything but her face. The woman hanging was dressed as if she went to church. Floor length blue skirt, light blue sweater, and navy slip on shoes. With a rosary around her neck and a wedding band around her ringer. She looked clean and perfectly fine except the gash and the rope marks around her neck.

I looked around their bodies trying to be quick, but thorough. How did the girl on the floor die.... the eyes showed no signs of stress or bulging. They looked almost sleepy. If it wasn't for the rest of her body looking like a beaten mess I would assume she was sleeping. Her bruises were small and weren't that dark. Something hit her just barley hard enough to mark her. Her nails though snapped in various places were completely clean. Not even bloody.... her toe nails were the same. I had gloves on and with a jolt of confidence I grabbed the girl by the side and flipped her over. I screamed and through myself back. Phil covered his mouth in horror. From the nape of her neck to the base of her spine was a thick jagged cut. "That's where all this blood came from," said Johnson shaking his head. "I don't think so," I said standing up. "What do you mean," said Smith unconvinced. "Well the blood is dry on the cut and there is no blood on the sides of the cut only on the bottom. I think she was also hung somewhere." I said quickly. "Interesting, and what do you think Wats- I mean Phil," asked Smith. Phil took a deep breath and pulled her dress up over her head. Revealing burn marks across her upper chest and armpits. "Omg," Yelled Dan. "I think she was hung with a rope across her chest. Maybe that's why her feet are so clean," said Phil. "What if they hung the older women to through off the idea the girl was also hung. Most people might thing she was just tired down," said Johnson. "Good work boys," said Smith.

I turned my attention to the hanging body. "Could we take her down," I asked. Smith nodded to a couple of guys in the back and they got the women down gently and laid her down a little away from the blood. I walked up to her. She seemed so different from the last one. Nothing about her seemed strange. Her face was distressed, but that could be from anything.  I touched her face to open her eye. It was rolled back inside of her head. That's common with hanging victims. I looked at my glove to see foundation. "Hey this is weird," I said out loud and Phil crouched down next to me. "What," he asked. "Her make up is still wet," I responded. "So?," said Phil confused. "Why would a women as nicely dressed as this one put on her make up right before killing herself," I asked. "Well make up rubs off through out the day. Plus it's humid in here," said Phil a little unconvinced. "Then why is there foundation on the outside of the rope. Unless she put it on after the rope was already around her neck," I said standing up and Phil was baffled. "That is strange. So far the MO is completely different than a lot of cases we got," said Smith writing everything down. "I guess we should look under her clothes too. Not like I'm looking forward to it," I sighed. Phil and I lifted her sweater over her head. "No marks," said Phil. Then we pulled her shirt And skirt down. "Nothing," said Phil. "Ok let's turn her over," I said hesitant. Phil nodded and on 3 we flipped and everyone was shocked. A big smiley face was burnt into her back! "Damn it! Not this guy!" Yelled Smith pissed. "Hey it could be a copycat," said Johnson. "Copycat my ass. I know it's him when I see it," snapped Smith. Phil and I backed up from the bodies. We were done and it was their turn. We watched them take samples and carefully moved the bodies. "Seems like we have our work cut out for us," whispered Phil. "Seems so," I sighed.

This is serious.... I'm starting to doubt myself more and more as this case goes on. I need to get use to this soon or I'm going to be fucking useless. A detective can't puke in the middle of an investigation. I'm just glad I have Phil with me. It helps knowing someone is as scared as I am.

Whomever is doing this is a monster. A disgusting human being. Like Sherlock has Moriarty; I have my new rival and something tells me they're the same person.