Real or Fake Evidence

(Dan's Pov)

"Dan are you ok," Phil asked. I guess I looked pretty shocked. "You figured out something didn't you," said Smith grabbing my shoulders and turning me to face him. "I saw her," I said slowly. "Where!" Yelled Johnson and Smith together. "She was in the crowd. She looked so out of place, yet no one acknowledged her. I blinked and.... She was gone," I explained. Smith let me go and they sighed. "Why would she risk coming here herself," asked Phil. "I think to further the game," I mumbled to myself.

"I'm sending over agents to the girls home. She just became our prime suspect though I'm keeping the son watched. We can't be too careful," Johnson said as he dialed his phone. "I agree. Have some of them also patrol the neighborhood in case she slips away," said Smith and he nodded. "Well boys I guess you can both go home. We will keep you in touch. I'll have an officer drive you two home" said Johnson. We nodded and we go into the cop car.

"Do you think we'll catch her soon," asked Phil. "I think so. We have a lot of people on our side. She's just one girl," I assured. "You saw her when I asked what was wrong didn't you. I could tell by the look on your face," whispered Phil. "Yeah. She's terrible, terrifying, and trouble. Yet I'd be lying if I said she wasn't beautiful. Makes her more terrifying to be honest," I explained. "Why would a pretty girl like that start killing," asked Phil. "Maybe her past, neglect, abuse, or maybe a mental condition.  Whatever the case; we'll find her," I said confidently. "You're right. Let's stay positive," Said Phil trying to smile.

We arrived at our flat and said goodbye to the police officer. "I'm exhausted. I just want to go to sleep," I sighed. "Same here," Said Phil as we made our way up the stairs. I opened the door to our flat and flipped the light switch. Nothing happened. "Dan did we pay our light bill?" Asked Phil as he turned on his phone's flashlight. "Yeah. Weird. Let me call them, I left the card in my room. God this is the last thing we need right now," I sighed trying to maneuver my way to my room without stubbing my toes or tripping on something. I didn't ever try the light switch. I just walked in and the door shut behind me.

"Welcome home."

I screamed and Phil rushed in. He flipped the switch per habit, and surprisingly the lights came on. I froze. She was there. She was sitting at my desk with her legs and arms crossed. Like she was making me feel guilty that I kept her waiting. "Who are you," Yelled Phil. I was so in shock that I didn't say anything. "Is this how you treat a lady," she asked boardly. "You're the murderer aren't you! Dan say something," snapped Phil. I just continued to stand there. "Well I came to meet my playmates. I hope your enjoying our little game,"she said nonchalantly. "You're Moiarty's granddaughter aren't you," Said Phil. She did a soft smile before saying, "That man can burn in Hell." I tensed up. She continued, "he got beaten, sad really. He taught me so many things. I just wish I had a chance to beat him myself. Playing with all those other women was so boring. Waste of my time really."

"Waste of time!? YOU KILLED THEM," yelled Phil upset. She wasn't phased by yelling. She was as calm as she was beautiful. "I suppose I did. What a shame," she sighed. "You're planing to kill us too aren't you," Said Phil taking a step back. "That would be to easy. Where's the fun in that. No no no we've only just begun and I'm so excited," she smiled softly. "Dan let's call Smith and Johnson," whispered Phil. She stood up and Phil stopped. "Since Daniel here, is giving me the cold shoulder. I'll take my leave," she sighed. "I'm calling the cops! Dan keep her here," yelled Phil as he ran out of the room.  "Police? So soon. That's a shame," she said as she stepped closer and closer to me. "Why are you doing this," I said quietly. "I've always loved games. Just like my grandfather. Yet I could never be challenged. I never found my Sherlock. I was excited when the both of you began to play. Like I finally had a worthy person on the other end of the chess board. (She got close to my ear) seems I was mistaken," she smiled as she walked past me. "I'm going to stop you," I replied. "I'm counting on it," she smirked before she disappeared down the hall. I hear the front door open and Phil came rushing in, "Dan I told you to hold her hear," he yelled in a panic. "Phil she's too smart for that. How did she even get in our house... my bedroom," I said as I walked slowly to where she was sitting. "She's meticulous, she knows that she won't get caught. Maybe that will be her down fall," I said as I picked up a small square of cardboard with a string dangling. It coming from inside of the square.

It read: Please outsmart me.

I then pulled the string and something sparked inside the cardboard and the note set on fire. "OH GOD!," I yelled dropping  it on the ground. "I'll get water!" Yelled Phil rushing to go some. I tried stomping on it and Phil threw a glass of water on it. "She tried to kill us," said Phil trying to catch his breath. "She's dangerous. Seems like we don't have anything to prove she was here," I said upset. "You're right, with the power out our security cameras didn't work! How did she ridge the power to only your room," asked Phil. Suddenly they heard the door burst open and people rushing in. Smith rushes in Dan's room. "Where is she," he yelled. "She's gone," I responded. "Damn it! (He turned to the door) Johnson call off everything she's gone," he yelled. "What happened here," he asked looking back at us. "She messed with the lights and was sitting in Dan's room. This was the only room with light," Phil tried to explain. "She was at my desk," I said and Smith walked over to it. He looked at it before his eyes fell on the scorch mark on the floor. "And that," he asked. "That was her invitation to this game," I sighed. "I'll get forensics in here. See if they can get a match. You two are obviously important here. So we'll be putting you two in a hotel room with 24/7 surveillance, if the picture goes fuzzy for even a second we'll be there. Guards dressed as staff. If she's anything like her grandfather, we need to catch her immediately," he explained and I nodded. Johnson walked in. "Forensics are here," he said to Smith. "Good. Tell them to check the wiring and this desk. I want the information on my desk by morning," Smith said before walking out of the room and we followed him.

We walked out of our flat and got in the car with them. We were driven to a cheep hotel and given the room key. "Don't worry. We'll catch her," smiled Johnson. "I hope so," I sighed before Phil and I walked to our room. I put the card in and opened the door. I walked in and Phil flipped the lights. I froze. Phil screamed and Smith followed by Johnson rushed into the room. This can't be happening...

In our room was a maid strangled by what looked like the telephone cord. Her uniform tattered and her legs covered in slashes. Her stomach was exposed and a message was carved in her. "Please out smart me." How did she know we were here. This wasn't planned. I started to shake. This girl scares me right to my core. I looked over at Phil who's face was flushed and was looking as terrified as I was. She wasn't joking about just beginning.

This game has only just began...