Who is my Grandad!?

I can't believe we got free tickets to the Sherlock Holmes museum this is incredible!" smiled Phil "yeah it's kind of unbelievable," said Dan. He fixed his fringe as they both walked towards the museum. They got there and the line was rather long. "I knew we should have just surfed tumblr form the safety of the couch," sighed Dan. "No! This it goin to be amazing! It won't take that long anyway!" Phil said positively.

They got to go inside, Phil however was already extremely impatient and ready to burst from the excitement! "I can't wait to see everything," Phil cheered. "Yeah, I know," smiled Dan as they walked through the door. When I got inside they began to explore. The violin, the grandfather clock. Phil stared at it "what is it?" Dan asked. "Well I don't know why, but one of the numbers is sticking out a little bit?" said Phil "wait Phil sto-," by the time that Dan tried to finish his sentence, Phil pushed the number five on the clock and then suddenly a small panel opened and a folder and letter fell out! Security was quick to run over to the clock and grab the folder and scored the boys to one of the vacant rooms! They were questioned they explain what happened and they were allowed to go home. "What the hell just happened," snapped Dan. "I don't know, but I wish they let us see that folder," sighed Phil as he unlocked their flat and stepped inside. "Hey maybe next time don't touch things," sasses Dan. "Hey I made a discovery and I'm proud," smiled Phil. "So you want to watch some Netflix, said Dan plopping onto the couch. "Sure?" Smiled Phil. Before they could get comfortable they heard a knock on the door. Two men dressed in black suits walked right into the house without saying two words. The same men who were at the museum. "Um excuse me! Snapped Dan!

"Mr. Howell my name is Smith and this is my partner Johnson. We are here to fulfill your grandfathers will," one spoke. "My grandad?" Said Dan confused standing up. "As you know your grandfather has died recently and ever since he left your family; he has been a mystery to all of you. However he had the feeling you had the right to know who he was. So we have a letter that has been waxed sealed and is only allowed to be open by you as well as the request in this file which also has been sealed for you," the men said. "My Grandad on my Dad's side has been gone for years! Why now!" Dan yelled. "When he knew he would probably die he sent a letter to Scotland Yard just to be on the safe side. With a riddle on where to find his Will. Even in death he was a bastard," the older man sighed. "You cracked it," the other man replied looking at Phil.

Dan was nervous as he got handed the letter and the file. Carefully he opened them, the letter first, and as he scanned the letter he began to shake. his eyes flew open, his mouth got dry, and he was completely and utterly stunned

Dear Daniel,

If you're reading this that means two things, one the baboons managed to crack the riddle. I doubt it. Probably happened by ascendent. Two I must have been perished whether it is by enemy or by natural causes, with my calculations. There is a lot that I was never allowed to tell you as well as the rest of the family. The reason I left so long ago when you were a baby was to protect you. I wanted the family to have nothing to do with me. I work better alone. I have to tell you that my real name is Sherlock .

Sighed;
Sherlock Holmes

Dan without saying a word open the file and in the file was police files and one was labeled

" I wasn't able to finish this mystery before I perished. Daniel I need you to finish this for me. You don't have to do it for the bastard that I was but do it for London. Plus if my hunch is correct which it always is I am right. It was-"

The of the note was torn off or more like burned off. The gentleman looked at each other and said, "no one has open the file you're the only one that's broken the seal which means someone on the inside got to it first." Dan looked at them and disbelief, "you realize this can be real right I'm not the nephew of Sherlock Holmes. You are all insane!" The men packed their things, "listen our only job was to deliver the files now that that's done will be off however will stay in contact if you do agreed to help us. If Sherlock had this much faith in you no doubt we should have the same." They tipped their hats and walked out, closing the door behind them.

Dan down and they scattered everywhere and out rolled another small envelope from the file and this time it had a blue seal with Phil's name written in calligraphy. "What the hell," said Dan. "Give it here," said Phil.

Dear Phil,

I decide to write this letter for you Phillip because of course Sherlock would not include what I had to say because according to him it did not have anything to do with the mystery at hand and was as he called it 'useless garbage''. Yet that's just who he is, so I'm here to tell you that my name is John. I am your granddad and I am so sorry that your parents had to tell you that I died in the war but Sherlock and I agreed that it was for your safety and I miss you every goddamn day.

Your granddad,
John Watson

"No way!!" Shouted Phil. "bloody hell doesn't this seem all too coincidental," sighed Dan flopping on to the floor in the middle of the papers. "I'm related to THEE John Watson! This incredible," said Phil ecstatic. "Phil please focus we have apparently are being forced to take on this case! We aren't detectives," Dan freaked out. "Oh how hard can it be. Look at our grandpas," smiled Phil sitting down next to Dan. "You're right. Let's see what this is a about," Dan half smiled. "Yes!" Cheered Phil.