Chapter 4

"Lena will strangle you when she finds out about this. You'll be alone with Sheridan. Well, the guards will be there but you know what I mean."

Hearing this, I lifted my head and looked at Kathy. My expression clearly read, 'Tell me about it.'

Kathy was sitting on her bed, and she was looking at a new edition of Cosmopolitan, Italian edition. I didn't know why the hell she bought it, because she could only say 'Buongiorno' in Italian. There was a towel wrapped around her head. She was dressed only in a white hotel towel and nothing more. I envied her free afternoon and evening. She could rest and relax before tomorrow's workout, which promised to be a nightmare because we had to start working on the choreography to the next song. Time was slipping away quickly, and now Sheridan chose to visit Rome.

He should be concentrating on work. I mumbled a not so very nice word about James. I finished putting on another layer sunscreen. It was hot as hell outside. It was May, and for a long time it hadn't rained, so it was stuffy as hell. I was forced to wear shorts and a T-shirt. I really didn't want to suffer in clothes. I chose a random black T-shirt with a Jack Daniels logo. I had to spend a lot time lubricating the stupid sunscreen. I was cursed by my sensitive skin.

"Death by Lena's hands would be a godsend. I don't know how I'll survive. I can't even walk! I'm not a professional ballerina. I can't to dance on tip-toe half a day and then try to walk normally." I said, pissed as hell. I threw the bottle of sunscreen on the bedside table and got out of bed.

"Oh, you are overreacting." Kathy said amused, glancing at me. "Admit it, you're stressed out about meeting with Sheridan."

I rolled my eyes and took my make-up bag.

"Nonsense" I said, as I locked myself in the bathroom without waiting for her answer.

It wasn't clear to her that I didn't like Sheridan. According to her it was impossible, unrealistic and perhaps even unforgivable. She wasn't a big fan of him so I was afraid to confess anything to Lena. I think she really could attack me. I not only didn't like Sheridan, I couldn't stand him either! And now I had every right to say this because I knew him personally. Well, more or less. I exchanged a few sentences with him, but I had known him for a few days. I sighed and reached for the foundation. I did my make-up, minimal, with the light contouring diminished nose. I used mascara, and then walked out of the bathroom. I grabbed my sandals and I was ready to go.

"Okay, I'm going," I said, with a sad face and took my black bag, with the badges of many places in the world that I visited on it. Inside was a water bottle, wallet, sunglasses and a cereal bar. I hoped that this modest lunch was enough because I wouldn't have time for dinner.

"Have fun!" Kathy giggled.

I think she really thought that I was just pretending , and I really wanted being the guide of spoiled pop superstar. It annoyed me. I slammed the door behind me when I left and didn't answer her. Because it didn't matter. I went to the lobby, where James was supposed to be waiting for me. At first I did not notice him. The stately, large lobby was full of people. Mainly guests who had just arrived. Most of them spoke Italian, German or French. Mainly Europeans.

They were just waiting around for service, including several hotel boys, who had to carry luggage to guest rooms. In this crowd I watched three people, who stood alone in no hurry. They were not even talking. I walked slowly toward them and after a while I saw that one of these men was James. I blinked rapidly in surprise. He had blond hair. I thought that it was a wig but I was not sure because it looked real. In addition, he had sunglasses on. Of course, Ray Bans, a more expensive pair. I had to admit he could melt into the crowd. His bodyguards were dressed in civilian clothes. Both dark-haired, tall, and beefy. Dressed almost identically in jeans and a dark blue shirt. Certainly, they had a gun hidden in a holster, which was hidden under their shirts because I could see the bulge.

"Not bad camouflage," I started talking with an amused smile as I walked closer, but Sheridan interrupted me.

"You're late. Don't let it happen again." He said sharply.

Ah, when Miranda was no longer around, he stopped pretending to be nice. I narrowed my eyes with no intention of being subordinate. My fiery Italian temperament woke up and I struggled to bit my tongue. I didn't want to say too much and lose my job. I pulled the cell phone out of my purse and looked at the time.

"We agreed to meet at 5. The time now is 5: 02, I came to the lobby promptly at 5...."

"Bullshit." He interrupted me again. "I was on time. You're late."

Why the hell was he interrupting ?! Couldn't he let me speak? Who did he think he was? I counted to five to calm down a little.

"Your watch shows the wrong time," he said, and headed toward the exit. "Come, we don't have much time. "

Inside, I was furious, but on the outside I kept a cool demeanor. Well I was going to pretend. I was proud of myself.

"Why? It's only 5. The tourist places and museums will be open for a few hours, then we will be able to explore the clubs and bars."

I stopped hearing the revelation and looked at him. He also stopped, as did the security guards. The other two just furtively watched the environment around us, but did not speak, and pretended not to hear anything. Full professionalism. It's not what their boss does. What was this idiot thinking?! This was fucking vacation for him? I was not going won't sleep at night by his whim. Additionally, my feet terribly hurt, despite the hot shower and massage. I couldn't have wandered around town for a few hours, and then still go to a party. And for sure not with him.

"At 9 am we have training. Better skip the clubs and get some sleep. In a few days, you start your tour," I said, trying to keep calm, though my voice was slightly higher due to the accumulating emotions.

He returned a chilly look. Apparently he didn't like that I opposed him.

"You are supposed to be my guide, not a nanny. Stop fucking talking bullshit. I want to see the Roman Forum now.

I folded my arms on my chest and looked at him with a frown. Livia ,I said to myself, think about your job . My reputation as a dancer would be ruined if he fired me. I tried to calm down. I hoped that I wouldn't do anything stupid. I was so tempted to punch him in the face for treating me like shit. I clenched my hands into fists and hid it behind my back, because the thought was too tempting.

But I was not going to pretend that everything was fine. No more forced smiles. I had to just be polite. Only polite.

"Sure, let's go," I drawled out my teeth and went ahead without even looking to see if he followed behind me.