Chapter 19: Graduation Part Two

Louis POV

Later that night, the party was starting to die down. The sun had finally set, giving some much-needed shade to the people who weren't lucky enough to get a seat underneath the tents that were set up in the driveway. The day had gone really well so far. There was tons of good food, plenty of drinks, and it wasn't too warm, especially with the slight breeze. It was, without a doubt, the perfect day for a party.

Lots of families with young kids started to clear out after dinner, which meant that the actual party was just getting started. Bobby and my dad were over by the coolers, handing out beers to the adults, and even some of the graduates were drinking. The only kids still here were out by the swing set, entertaining themselves with the glow sticks my mum passed out once it got dark. Anyone above the age of 12 but under the age of 17 was over by the bonfire, roasting marshmallows and hot dogs as they bragged about how amazing their summers would be.

The loud, obnoxious sound of hollering teenage boys carried across the yard where Niall, Zayn, Harry and Liam were playing corn hole with some guys from the lacrosse team. Currently, Adam, a friend from the team, was trying to organize some game out on the back porch.

"Enjoying yourself, handsome?" I asked Niall as I walked over to where he was talking with Harry and Liam. He ditched his red robe for a navy polo and khaki shorts a few hours ago after successfully winning the argument with our mums. I stood on my tippy toes and hugged him, basking in the familiar smell of his cologne mixed with my family's laundry detergent. I was gonna miss this.

"Yep," he squeezed back, rubbing my shoulders gently. "Finally got a chance to eat around an hour ago. So many talkers in this town!"

"Aw, no food, you poor baby," I fake-pouted as I pulled away, bending down to pick up a sack.

"Hey, I'm a growing man!" Niall retorted, slapping my bum playfully.

"Niall, you pervert! There are children here!" I gasped, pointing out the little kids playing out on my old swing set by only the light of the fire and the glow sticks around their necks.

He smirked and leaned over to peck my cheek. "Sorry, couldn't help myself," he whispered, winking as he handed me the rest of the blue bags.

"Well, if you two lovebirds would like to listen up, I'm going to announce the rules," Adam glared accusingly at Niall and I. I coughed into my hand awkwardly and he continued with a smile.

"This is no ordinary game of beer pong, my friends," the blonde announced, rubbing his hands together excitedly. "This is corn pong. The sack is the new ball. In this case, if the sack doesn't go in the hole, you drink. The winners, or as I like to say, the losers, have to help clean up. Questions?"

"This should be interesting," Niall whispered in my ear after Adam paired us up.

"I know," I replied. "I suck at corn hole enough already, let alone playing it while I'm wasted."

Niall smiled softly, the dimensions of his face enhanced by the fire. His eyes were glassy when he said, "Don't drink."

I quirked an eyebrow, confused. "Why not?"

"As much as I'd like to see you play drunken corn hole, I wanna remember our last night together. Please?" He held out his pinky to mine, his blue eyes boring into mine.

I shook my pinky with his. "Anything for you, babe."

So we spent the rest of the night playing corn pong with the lads. Even though I missed the hole several times, and somehow managed to hit both Adam and Niall in the face, Niall and I ended up winning, or losing, according to Adam.