,.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸-Chapter Nine-,.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸

Aiden's POV
(Y/N)'s only been gone for about ten minutes {that would be about two minutes before the end of chapter eight}, but I already really miss her. So far, I've managed to get enough resources to secure the temple. Jesse and Gill have been helping, too. I've really been trying to avoid Jesse. She's still mad at me; I can tell. Now, all we have to do is start building.

"Okay, so, Gill, you work on the top floor and rebuild the walls," I order. "Jesse—"

"What?" she snaps.

I take a deep breath. She's definitely still made at me. "I just wanted to ask you to set some traps."

"Why? Can't you do it yourself?" I open my mouth to reply but she continues talking. "Or maybe you're incapable of it? Like you were incapable of saving Lukas?"

"Jesse, please—"

"No! You know what? Lukas must be dead! He should be here right now! But he's not! And it's all your fault!" I can almost hear the tears in her voice, as if they are threatening to rush down her cheeks but she must hold them back in order to stay strong, especially to show that she's strong during our argument.

"It is not my fault!" (Y/N) and Maya can't get back soon enough.

"Well, then, whose fault is it? Lukas's? (Y/N)'s?"

"It is definitely not (Y/N)'s fault! She tried her best and hardest! Don't blame her!"

"Then who do we blame?!"

"We don't blame anyone!" We are both shouting at this point. Gill is just staring at us.

"I still blame you!"

"Why!"

"Because it is your fault! If you acted faster—or rather, acted at all—he would still be here right now!"

"You know what? I'm just going to go work on securing the building." My voice drops to a flat monotone with no expression.

"Fine." She starts walking downstairs, slightly stomping her feet. I follow her and so does Gill.

"Where are you going?"

She ignores me. We're walking through the hallway.

"Jesse?"

Still no reply.

By now, we have made it outside. She swings the doors open and they almost smack me in the face, but I quickly put my hands out to stop them.

"Jesse!" I say again. "Tell me where you're going!"

She stops and turns around stiffly. "To find Magnus."

"Oh, yeah, that's a good idea!" Gill agrees.

"Great. So, Gill and I will go get Magnus. You can do something else while we're gone, secure the temple, whatever."

"What? You're just going to leave me here alone?" I ask, but it's too late. They've already gone through the portal.

I'm left here by myself. I decide to go to work.

*~*~*~*

It's been three minutes since Gill and Jesse left. It's been getting pretty lonely, I have to say.

I'm still building the walls of the top floor when I hear a voice.

"Hello?" they say.

I draw my sword.

"Is anyone here?" they ask. I then realize who it is. I quickly put my sword away and run to the edge of the wall.

"Lukas!" I call out. I don't see his face as I say it, but I don't need to. I know for sure that it's him.

"Aiden!" He looks up at me. I immediately run down the stairs and out to the door. I swing the door open.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe you're okay!" I pull him into a short and gentle hug.

"Yeah . . . it was pretty rough getting here." He rubs the back of his head.

"It was for us, too."

"Where are the others?"

"(Y/N) and Maya left to get Ellegaard approximately fifteen minutes ago and Gill and Jesse left to get Magnus only a few minutes ago. It's only me."

He nods.

"So, what happened to Gabriel?" I ask.

He pauses. "He . . . he was taken by the Witherstorm." He frowns and I do, too.

"Oh."

The two of us go upstairs. We spend about five minutes talking and building until we are interrupted by someone coming to the door.

"Aiden?" It's Gill and Jesse with Magnus. Gill is the one who calls my name. I signal for Lukas to stay where he is as I go to the edge where there is only about a two-block-wide space.

"I'm up here! And I've got a surprise!" I yell down to them. Jesse gives me a confused look. I just smile.

After a few seconds, they are up here with us.

"Look who showed up," I say pointing at Lukas.

"Lukas!" Jesse says in excitement. She runs over to him and hugs him. They stay hugging for what I measured to be about a minute. I am so telling (Y/N) about this when she and Maya get back with Ellegaard.

Speaking of which, where is (Y/N)? She should be back by now.

A few seconds later, as if on cue, I hear voices. I walk towards the walls and peer through the opening. Sure enough, I see (Y/N), Maya, Fish, and Ellegaard.

"Hey, everyone!" I turn to my other friends. "They're back! Jesse and especially Lukas, come downstairs with me. Gill and Magnus, you can stay up here."

"What do you mean 'especially Lukas'?" Jesse says, putting air quotes on the last two words. "Will they not be as excited to see me as they are to see Lukas?"

"I mean especially Lukas so we can tell them right away that he's okay," I say calmly.

"Oh, so they won't care if I'm okay?"

"Lukas is the one who just got back and who we thought was dead!"

"Both of you!" Lukas speaks up. "Stop arguing!"

We nod. Gill and Magnus walk off to another area as Lukas, Jesse, and I head to the front door.

"Hey, you two get the door," I tell them once we get there. "I'll be right back."

Lukas and Jesse exchange glances as I back away.

,.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸-A/N-,.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸

Surprise! Did you like it? It's Aiden's POV while you are away getting Ellegaard! You get to know what happened! Granted, Aiden's going to tell you what happened when you get back, but . . .

You get the whole story!

Anyways, what is Aiden doing? Why did he leave? Isn't he excited to see you? Is he getting into trouble?

That literally sounds like that commercial on MeTV.

Does anyone know MeTV even is?

No?

I'm so old.

Anyways, word count: 1,084