,.-~*'¨¯¨'*.~-.¸-Chapter Eight-,.-~*'¨¯¨'*.~-.¸

(Y/N)'s POV
I look around in awe. So much redstone! We go on like this for a minute or so.

"Builders of Redstonia!" I hear a voice announce. "I want you to know that I value and adore each and every one of you!" We walk towards the voice. "Your work inspires me every day!"

"(Y/N)! It's her!" Maya whispers. It's true, it is her. Ellegaard is standing high above on a balcony, speaking to the audience that has gathered around.

"I'm about to enter my dome of concentration," Ellegaard continues, "where I will be unreachable for the time being. I will return once I finish my latest and greatest creation—the Command Block!" Applause arises from the crowd. "So, please, continue working, continue building and whoever most impresses me will be my new protégé!" A small cheer. "Ready to usher in a new era of innovation and creativity? Calvin, throw the switch!" A man in a suit with dark hair, dark skin, and glasses walks over to a lever and pulls it. The stairs leading up to her start to close and iron blocks start to cover the entrances.

"We have to get there before it's too late!" I shout, pointing at the building.

We start to run up the stairs, but we're too slow. The steps sink into the walls and we fall.

"Shoot," I say. We stand up. "Excuse me, Mister, uh, Calvin?" We walk over to the man. "We, uh, need to, uh, speak to Ellegaard," I tell him.

"I'm afraid that's not going to happen," he replies. "Didn't you hear her speech? She's on lockdown until she completes her invention." He gestures towards the building. "But, I can try to help. What do you need?"

"We need her so we can save the world," I say. I know, I sound pretty crazy.

"Um, I can tell you're not from around here." Yep, my statement made me sound crazy. "Who are you? What do you need to save the world from?"

"I'm (Y/N); this is Maya; this is Fish." I gesture a hand to Maya, Fish, and myself as I say our names. "There's a huge Witherstorm out there and we need Ellegaard to stop it!"

"How do I know I can trust you?" he says, turning away from us.

"Show him the amulet, (Y/N)!" Maya orders impatiently.

I pull out the device. "See? This is Gabriel's amulet. He gave it to me so I could reassemble the Order. It's how I found this place. It's how I found Ellegaard."

"Oh, my, that is interesting. If you would like, I can send it up to Ellegaard. Would that be helpful?" he suggests.

I think for a moment. On one hand, it could get lost and we'd have nothing to find the others. On the other, Ellegaard could receive it and we could get her to join us. "Okay," I decide.

He drops it into a small canal, which sends it up a tube.

"If I'm not mistaken, that should lead right to Ellegaard's private office," he tells us. "I might be wrong. Could be wrong. This place is pretty complicated." I almost regret letting him do that. "Speaking if which," he says, turning to us, "I'm afraid I have many more things to attend to than answering all of your questions. I must go." He turns to the switch mechanism. "Better just take this repeater." He does as he says. "We don't want any troublemakers disturbing Ellegaard." He walks away.

"Well, I guess we'll need another repeater," Maya says. I nod. I start looking around. I decide it might be a good idea to talk to people and ask them if they have any spare repeaters.

The first person I walk up to is an interesting-looking man. He has a big brown afro accompanying his mustache, giant white sunglasses with violet lenses, and a long white coat over a purple dress shirt and black pants. He's dancing in a disco manner.