House of Newbies and House of Friends

I ran in through the door soaked from the rain, running straight into a boy who looked about my age, sixteen. I dropped every single one of my bags that I had brought out from the taxi. I quickly bent down to get my stuff embarassed. Not a good way to start a new school.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry!" I looked up at him as I picked up some stuff that fell out of my bags.

"No, I wasn't watching where I was going," he said squating to help me gather my bags again, "So you're the new student right? From Basingstoke, England?"

"Yup. That's me," I said standing up and slinging my purse over my shoulder.

"Welcome to the House of Anubis," he said grabbing my last bag, "I'm Fabian."

"Rose," I said offering my hand for him to shake, "Thanks for helping me get my stuff."

"Yeah, no proble-," but he was cut off by a deep masculine voice.

"Mr. Rutter, you can go now. I need to show Miss Jenson around." said a man in a light, brown coat, walking down the stair case from the right.

"I-uh gotta go," I said grabbing the last bag he held, "thanks again, Fabian."

"Come along, Miss Jenson," the man said waiting for me.

"So I assume you're Victor. The one my parents talked to over the phone?" I asked as we entered another room.

"Yes," he replied.

"So you manage the House?" I asked.

"This is the kitchen and the living room there," he said pointing from one direction to another.

"Okay, then," I said as Victor moved on.

"The boys are on the first floor, the girls on the second," he said walking up the stairs.

"Where am I going to sleep?" I asked.

"With Amber Millington and Nina Martin," he replied, walking through a door that opened into a corridor, "Your room is the first one."

I opened the door and threw all my bags on the ground next to the door, "Cool. Thank you, Victor."

"That is all you need to be shown, Miss Jenson. At ten o' clock everyone has to be in bed, do not go in my bedroom, and certainly stay out of my office." Victor said pointing a finger at me.

I nodded as Victor walked out of the room, "No problem."

I sat on one of the beds looking around, when I heard multiple foot steps coming up the stairs. Two girls burst in excitedly, while I heard other girls pounding down the doors to their rooms.

"Yes! We got the new girl! I can't wait," said a blonde girl.

I stood up excitedly, "Are you guys Amber and Nina?"

"I'm Nina," said one girl.

"And I am Amber!" the blonde one said.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Ro-," I started.

"Rose?!" Amber interupted, "I know, Fabian told us!"

"Yeah," Nina didn't seem to happy about it though.

"So, where am I going to sleep?" I asked, "Since there are two beds."

"You'll have to sleep on a pull out, we haven't gotten the new bed yet," Nina said.

"You're early!" Amber added, "Why, though?"

"Oh. My parents said this is when Headmaster Sweet told me to come," I replied.