Part Of The Family

Start from the beginning

"Um, I would love to meet you." I say.

"Really? You would? I thought you were going to say no."

"Why would I?"

"I don't know. But we are put in a bad situation. We both feel like we are being replaced."

"Yeah, I know what you mean."

"So when would you like to meet?"

"Um, I am really busy with my classes today. But how about tomorrow? You could come to my house. Tate can text you directions. I need to go to Seattle, do you want to come with?"

"Sure, I would love too."

"Okay, I will see you tomorrow morning, say 11 o'clock."

"Sounds great! Bye JJ!"

"Bye." I say and we hang up.

I finish my paper that is due, when Margaret comes in.

"Hey Sweetheart." She says.

"Hey,"

"You missed lunch. You need to eat." She says and puts some food on my desk. I push it away.

"I'm not hungry!" I say.

"I don't care you need to eat, or I am going to tell your mates." I take bite of the sandwich.

"There, happy?" I ask.

"Very." She says with a smile. I smirk at her.

"What are you doing for the rest of the day?"

"I have my class in an hour." I say.

"Oh, yeah that's right." She says. I get up and walk out of the room, to the kitchen. Tate and Hayden are just finishing up with their school work. Haley is sitting at the table reading something.

"Hey, I have to go in about 20 minutes."

"Okay, where?"

"I have a class to teach." I explain.

"Oh, I think Alpha Jack is going to show us that today." Haley says.

"You guys come watch me beat up a bunch of teenagers?"

Tate and Hayden laugh.

"Wow, thanks for the support." I say quietly as a joke.

"We're sorry babe."

"Yeah, yeah." I say.

"JJ, I have some great ideas for the living room." Haley says.

I turn around and face her. "What do you mean?"

"It' s tradition that the mother of the boys, help their mate decartate their house. They also help plan their wedding." I feel a strike of guilt run through me.

"Oh, I wasn't aware. Um, tradition that the pack builds a house for their new alpha." I tell them.

"Oh, I wasn't aware. It's a beautiful house. I just thought that I would help out."

"Well, I love the house the way it is. But I will be doing some stuff to it in the near future. Maybe you could help?"

Haley smiles. "I would love too. Maybe we could get a head start on your children rooms."